Driveline

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Purchased a drivenline for the 60 to update the the back half some with a slip style driveline.
Received it yesterday and it looks great! Nice work and totaly complete and ready to go. My Moser is 1350 on the yoke and I still run the standard 1310's upfront so Gordan had a few made. 150.00 + 20.00 in shipping is a steal when you add up the parts needed for one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ryZ33738QQihZ015QQitemZ250235962289QQtcZphoto
Gordan is a cool ol dude and will help you out with your questions as well. They are also cooking something else up and I think it may be the rest of the front half of the driveline just not confirmed yet. They are located in AZ as well.

Anyone who knows me knows I am so cheap my *** squeaks when I walk and it takes something to make me part with any kind of monies if I can I will build it.
Take it as is as this is just my opinion.

driveline1.jpg

driveline2.jpg

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Looking Good !!!

Mike,

That looks like a real stout driveline. You should be able to get moving with that under you for sure !!! :clap So are you about ready for the track, next weekend, I believe ?

Things are slowly getting back to normal around here and I hope to get out and see you and the car soon. If I don't make it before the Oldies drags, I wish you the best of luck, and as you say... "Our Blessed Lady of Acceleration..Don't Fail me now !!!":):brow:clap

Bill

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Glad to hear things are going good there!! My engine is on the end of a chain right now. Machinest found way to much crap in the oil filter so he had me pull it :cry Say's I will still make the drags in June 7/8th easily.
So I will be at the machine shop every night next week cleaning and getting it done. Least I did not spin a bearing or have a rod vacate the block so that's a good thing.
We will also be breaking it in in front of the machine shop so I post some video when I am done :D

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Update please !!!

So what have you found in the motor after tear down ? I hope nothing too extreme, and you'll be back up and running in no time !!! :dunno We're all holding our breath... :hug

Bill

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
what ended up happening was the bronze gear had dumped a butt load of shavings in the motor and plugged the paper filter to by pass:mad:
Once that happend it went everywhere and I do mean everywhere. I tore everything appart and cleaned it and so far nothing broke just tons of bronze contamination that killed some bearings.
No more bronze for me! Com Cams say's I can use a Melonized Distributor Gear from newer GM cars with roller cams so no more bronze.
Other upgrades is a complete new oil system and filter. One word "OBERG".
I am off all week, vacation, working on the car so you never know I might just make it! :D

hogmotors

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
For what it's worth:
I run a shaft out of a truck-about a mid 90's Suburban 2 pc. w/ the slip joint in the center and a fixed joint on the trans with 1350's in all 3. Been runnin since 92 & has about 600 runs on it with NO problems. It ALMOST touches the bottom of the rear tunnel when jacked up & I definitely had to open up the front opening a bit to let the 1350 yoke thru. NO problem in the rear. The center support however, is fun trying to line up the bolts since I can't get my hand up in there like I could w/the old shaft.
OH, yes, the shaft lengths had to be "modified".