driving 58s in December

valvefloat

Well Known Member
HENRYS BEL.jpg
I was at a local authentic 50s burger place with their old neon sign and took a pic with the old girl. I thought everyone would enjoy.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Too coooooool... :cool::cool: The chains have managed to run all but one, of our "authentic" burger place out of business. :(:mad:bang They have done some moderization, but retained all the original menu items. Too bad they took down the original sign and put up at modern one.

Bill

valvefloat

Well Known Member
Henry's is the last of a chain of restaurants. It never got real big. less than 50. They moved there location down the street and kept the old sign! They celebrated their 50th in 2009.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
very cool! Where do you live?? It hasn't snowed here yet either in WI so I'm hoping to get mine out Saturday for my birthday and drive the family out for some breakfast :brow

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Nice photo of the 58!
My birthday was yesterday, but we had a blizzard, power went out, not a day for cruising.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Geez Ron, I thought you were down with Cecil for the winter!! :rub

Lonnie

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is an old hamburger joint in Nova Scotia, my favorite name for a restaurant. It made it into Playboy After Hours back in the 70's.
It's been in business since the 60's and still there today.

http://www.atyp.com/aklickachick/

Don

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Geez Ron, I thought you were down with Cecil for the winter!! :rub

Lonnie
I was there a couple of weeks ago working on the house, installing appliances, painting, etc., but had to go home. Probably go back in Jan.

bobs409

Administrator
Cool!

Now we just need to photoshop out the crappy new cars in the background, (can we do that in real life too?) reduce the price of the "Sweetie carmel nut sticky buns" to .29 cents and it could pass for the early 60's! :D

valvefloat

Well Known Member
Cool!

Now we just need to photoshop out the crappy new cars in the background, (can we do that in real life too?) reduce the price of the "Sweetie carmel nut sticky buns" to .29 cents and it could pass for the early 60's! :D

I'm in!

valvefloat

Well Known Member
I love it! My wife and i bought it together shortly after we were married 7 years ago. I haul around our 2 sons in it now. We just went to the carousal and saw santa in it! lots of family fun with the 58.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds like a great time with the boys! Can't beat this lack of snow this year. We are loving it also, however we have gotten a bunch of rain this past week. Hoping to drive mine yet again tomorrow. As long as the roads are clear, I'll keep driving it! :beer

valvefloat

Well Known Member
We have made it another day no snow no salt ourselves. Maybe winter will be short! better get on that stroker build. I saw a 55 belair cruising thru town today! I may take it out again tonight. The downtown has gobs of christmas lights on the bluff. They play music synced with the lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhoWBoK9El4

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great pic:clap and a real pitty that there are not more of these iconic places still around:cry. While you are all talking about snow we are now enjoying some warm weather with topping out at 26 deg C or for you good folk 79F.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Took Ms Bela, out for a drive this morning and had breakfast. Do want to leave her too long, she get lonely !!!! Got a plan for next weekend to take her on a drive and donate some food for Seven Cares Day !!

Bill