Drooping rearview mirror solution

GLM409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My outside rearview mirror was drooping and would only stay adjusted when the car wasn't running. As soon as I started the car I could see it start drooping. I was at a show a few weeks ago and person I met there recommended a drop of green loctite. It's now been two weeks, I can still adjust the mirror and it stays in place. Given that my whole house shakes when the car is idling in the garage, I'ld have to see it seems to be a good solution. Anyone else tried this?

GLM409

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The droops. Nothing worse.

GLM409, I have had the same annoying problem with my 62. To get the mirror to stay in place I have to rotate it around until it bit on the ball but then the bowtie would either be on the side or at the bottom and not look right. :grumble:
I'm going to try your suggestion :cheers
Carl.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That's a GREAT tip! :clap I will remember it. I had a car that had a droopy rear view mirror and outside mirrors. As soon as you started rolling they would point at the ground! Wish I knew about this back then.
Ross

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
This is a commom problem with reproduction mirrors. Not enough original mirrors to go around so we are stuck with the cheepie repos.

GLM409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This is a commom problem with reproduction mirrors. Not enough original mirrors to go around so we are stuck with the cheepie repos.

That's what I have heard. Since mine was original I really didn't want to replace it with a repo that had the same problem. Now I still have the original mirror which is still in great condition and I can now what's going on behind me.

GLM

bobs409

Administrator
I have yet to see an original mirror that's worth keeping. :dunno They are always pitted so bad, you can't wait to throw them out.

I hate repro stuff myself but what can ya do?

Bob

bobs409

Administrator
The visors have a plastic sleeve in them. Just replace that and you should be all good again. :brow

Bob