Dual Master - Power Brakes ???

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
All,

I'm thinking about upgrading from stock power brake system to a dual master power brake. Ecklers has a complete system for $350, is that about the going rate ?:dunno How hard is this change over to complete and do I need any other parts ? I see it comes with a smaller booster which will help my clearence issues with the 409 valve covers. Any advice is appreciated !!!! :)

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It's a pretty simple swap and even easyer if the motor is out like mine was. It will tee at the passenger side and run a seperate line for front and back over to the new cylinder. Some bending may be needed but all in all not bad. A conversion to just a standard dual master can be done with all new parts for under 55.00 as well.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I've been thinking of swapping over to a non-power dual master cylinder in my 63. Can you get all the stuff at a parts store or is there someone that sells a kit? What all needs to be done for this conversion?
Ross

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
non power master cylinder

I got a master for a 69 full size with 4 wheel drums non power, and it was under 20 bucks. be sure to get the lines too. The front chamber takes a bigger line than the back one. I'll try to snap a picture of it later today for ya.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Discs on the front?

4 wheel drum or disc up front. 4 drums is a bolt in with a few line changes. Disc requires a proportioning valve.