Dual quad tuning

39chevy

Well Known Member
Today was a bright, clear, cloudless day her so I got the 39 out and warmed her up real good, then set about tinkering and tweeking per you guys suggestions. Yeah, I was way behind on the ignition timing. Bumped up to 12 degrees initial, can't tell where I am at all in, timing mark seems to disappear with my old funky light, but it has lots more snap and will still crank over hot, so I think I'm on the right track. I used Mike Halloran's trick with the vacuum guage and 12 degrees is where it wanted to be. (Thanks for all your help Mike!). Tinkered with the idle settings a little and she runs a lot better. Still hard to start without a LOT of pedal pumping, but I think I'm on the right track. Got a little RPM wander at idle, so I'm looking for the vacuum leak. As always, this forum is the place to find the answer to your questions. Thanks guys. Since everybody likes pictures, maybe someone can explain to me how I can re-size my pictures to post on the forum. My new 10 MP camera my wife gave me for Christgmas makes files too big to post.