Edelbrock intakes

How come everybody keeps posting the link to the Edelbrock intake manifolds:dunno
Seen it a few times now.
Manifold LOOKS nice. Well cast, as usual.
Although rather "lack-luster" in any attempt at contemporary design or performance gains:yawn:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Free? if you are Spike TV...

I suspect he's just trying to be helpful. Might not realize that this is a much anticipated event, and that many of us are aware of the release, just not the price.

I bet if we were representing Spike TV (that's doing the 1961 two door sedan project) we'd be able to get a set of heads for free :) :) :).

We should have a contest to try to guess the price of the new heads. That might be fun!

I'm gonna start things off and say $1409.99 for a set of Edelbrock aluminum heads. What say you?

Cheers,
TomK

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Edelbrock

Thanks Tom: I am just trying to pass along ANY information. I would definately post a link to any manufacturer of 348/409 parts. I don't work for Vic Jr., I don't even own a SINGLE Edelbock part (but have in the past). I'm just excited to see someone besides us talk about these motors. I hope shows like MuscleCarTV and magazines like Super Chevy will raise the profile of this engine and change people's perception that 348/409s are not antiquated or forgotten. Or only a Beach Boys song on the oldies station.

P.S. I was on my very last issue of Super Chevy when the last (the 409) issue hit. I renewed for another year!

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think I saw the list price of the intake manifolds was $529.00 and that Summit or Jegs was selling them for something like $429.00. No price as yet for the heads.

Poocho

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One question.... Are these Air Gap manifolds??? The Edelbrock site does not mention it being an air gap (pic is not of air gap) but Summit site says it is an air gap (pics is not air gap)

Who has ordered one that can verify this?

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Would it help ???

I'm running the 817 heads with the smaller intake ports. It's running very rich according to the dyno tests. I'm wondering if this intake would help with that problem ? I have changed out the needles and seat to what they says in the leanest for the Edlebrock 500's I'm currently running and they helped but not enough. :dunno

Your thoughts are appreciated - Thanks :hug

Bill

Thirdyfivepickup

Supporting Member 1
One question.... Are these Air Gap manifolds??? The Edelbrock site does not mention it being an air gap (pic is not of air gap) but Summit site says it is an air gap (pics is not air gap)

Who has ordered one that can verify this?

These are NOT air gap... just standard Performer RPM intakes. My 2008 catalog has them listed as Performer RPM. Just to be sure I called Edelbrock tech and they said just Performer RPM... not air gap.

He also reconfirmed that the heads are due end of the month!!!!:beerbang :beerbang

4d9r

Well Known Member
Blue lite special..

EB has it @ 399 Buy it Now - $10 shipping

Terry

Item number: 270219012338