Edelbrock Water Pump Finally!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was informed my new alum water pump was finally shipped yesterday, YAHOO!
It makes me wonder if Edelbrock had these cast in China, as long as it took to release them.:dunno

blown 409

Well Known Member
edel, w-pump

i talked to rep at last car show he told me $ 140, i orderd one from Jegs today with my racer discout was $199.91 Tim

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's been so long I've forgotten exactly. I ordered through Summit, around $237 or whatever they're advertising it for.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Oh Boy!

Make sure you paint them things orange. Don't want anybody knowing you're fooling around with the General's perfection. I think a performance report is needed for this long awaited product.

Thirdyfivepickup

Supporting Member 1
I was informed my new alum water pump was finally shipped yesterday, YAHOO!
It makes me wonder if Edelbrock had these cast in China, as long as it took to release them.:dunno

No. You can be assured that they are made in America. That is the one thing Edelbrock has going for it.

Lucky these aren't popular in the mainstream... otherwise mailorder whores would be selling them so cheap that the only ones making any money on the would be Vic himself...

(can you tell I'm in the industry? :rolleyes: I just sold a Performer intake and 600 carb for a SBC and made $12 on the combo. The shop I sold it to is making $18 and matching mailorder. We have 11% profit margin to split two ways... :doh Thank you edelbrock...) :bang

-rant over

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Let us know

Let us know what you think of them when you recieve them. Might get one for my current project.:brow

Robert

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No. You can be assured that they are made in America. That is the one thing Edelbrock has going for it.

Lucky these aren't popular in the mainstream... otherwise mailorder whores would be selling them so cheap that the only ones making any money on the would be Vic himself...

(can you tell I'm in the industry? :rolleyes: I just sold a Performer intake and 600 carb for a SBC and made $12 on the combo. The shop I sold it to is making $18 and matching mailorder. We have 11% profit margin to split two ways... :doh Thank you edelbrock...) :bang

-rant over

That's what Summit and Jegs have caused for the little guy. I guess it's called competition.
I stop stocking any product that is sold wholesale to Summit or Jegs.
Edelbrock has a whole lot of their work done in Mexico so don't toot their horn so loudly. In fact it would be better for the consumer if they imported from China, the price could be lowered.
Very important, don't bo so sure that they aren't already importing from Asia. I know oif a few very large companies that import from there ,do a little machining and assembly and claim it's "made in the USA"! That's a fact.
I would like to drop some names but some of these large companies could squash me like a little bug, so just be aware that it's being done, regularly.

On another note, these aluminum water pumps can be done in Asia very inexpensively, just as good of quality. I had already looked into it. Problem for me is I don't want to stock min 500 water pumps per engine type, but my cost would be around $65 ea alum, cast iron about $30ea.
Having min 500 alum water pumps in stock for 409/348 doesn't excite me.d

Boat

Well Known Member
Mine was on the doorstep tuesday!

Nothing to put it on yet, still waiting for gel coat...

409 Chevy Performance

Well Known Member
Edlebrock water pumps

Got my initial edlebrock water pumps in today. I ordered 5 and got 3 shipped. Callled Atech Motor sports or Summitt and was informed that they are not stocking this item as a shelf part. You can order a water pump and it will be dropped shipped. They shipped out pre-ordered water pumps from all BO. Other 2 pumps coming direct from Edlebrock. FYI

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I got my pump today here's a few photos.I'll be doing my test Sunday,it will be in the 90's.I'm testing the Edelbrock pump against my stock pump with the stock cast iron impeller.

Picture329.jpg

Picture328.jpg

Picture327.jpg

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That's a real nice looking pump, Jim. I hope it cools the engine better than a stock pump.:clap For $200.00 plus, you would think it should. The Edelbrock insignia looks good on there. Lets hope it lives up to its name. :dunno JMO Skip:)

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Did anyone find out if the Edelbrock waterpump is rebuildable? If so how much? And do they offer polishing from Edelbrock?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Did anyone find out if the Edelbrock waterpump is rebuildable? If so how much? And do they offer polishing from Edelbrock?

Why would you want to pay Edelbrock double what it cost to polish? There's small polishing shops galore in your/our neighborhood. You can get that done for about $40-$60 in a few days.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Jim,

Nice pump. Polished would sure look great.

Please correct me if I'm wrong,............ but doesn't polishing external engine parts actually assist with heat issues? :scratch

chevytaylor :)

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Jim,

Nice pump. Polished would sure look great.

Please correct me if I'm wrong,............ but doesn't polishing external engine parts actually assist with heat issues? :scratch

chevytaylor :)

The opposite effect, less surface area to radiate heat but the difference is quite small and not an issue, at least for me.

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Why would you want to pay Edelbrock double what it cost to polish? There's small polishing shops galore in your/our neighborhood. You can get that done for about $40-$60 in a few days.

I try to weigh the pros and cons, first by ordering a polished pump, if available, and not knowing what Edelbrock would charge if it was, job is done, no extra running around, no sorry I lost your part, sorry I ruined your part, sorry it didn't turn out as nice as I thought it would, or maybe not in this case, but getting someone elses part back that wasn't as nice as yours. Seen all of this happen, especially with early big chevy trim and Harley parts.