Effing Ebay

bobs409

Administrator
I was just poking around my account and found this:

Total sales amount:$191,235.90
Total transactions:9182
Date of first sale:Feb 29, 2004

Where the hell is the 191K dollars? :yikes I looked everywhere, even under my mattress. :D I'm assuming this is "before" the fees come out.

bobs409

Administrator
I'm on the books unfortunately so let them watch. Hey, maybe that's where all that money went? :think That or I'm gambling on line in my sleep! :D

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's how much you have sold since 2004. That's gross not net to you. Hopefully you've been reporting your income

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Stopped selling on evilbay 4 years ago and don't miss it one bit. I sell everything on Craigslist, forums, or swap meets. Craigslist is kinda a pain especially when trying to coordinate times to see/buy and waiting for people to show. However my hatred for evilbay outways this inconvenience. Plus with these three sales outlets, I keep 100% of the money.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I was never a seller, on e-bay, but I purchased a fair amount of items. Car parts, computer related items and home stereo stuff.:clap I got a e-mail from Pay Pal, telling me that they have made changes in there policy, as far as usage and sales tax reporting was concerned. I never signed the agreement, and haven't bought another item on e-bay. WTH:bangThat was 3 years ago.

RED65

Well Known Member
Recently purchased an oil pan. Could not pay for it. For some reason it would not let me. Seller contacts me to say he now has the shipping price and to send him the money as a friend. So I contact Ebay, and they say they will tell him to send me an invoice. Again I get an email from seller to send as friend. I have been burnt once and won't get burned again. So to finish, I don't pay him and I get a negative on my account from Ebay. He still has 100% and it is up again for auction. To me, that was the deal I had been looking for and now can't get it.

RED65

Well Known Member
I had talked to Ebay and told her about the message and she would send him an email about it. Still didn't change anything.

bobs409

Administrator
Dealing with ebay is laughable! Anything you search for on there when you have a problem takes to you to a generic FAQ that is worthless! You can't even email them and they took the message boards down so you can't even ask questions in there. They want you to call and probably sit on hold. Screw that! :angry

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I looked at my account. Last time I sold anything there was 01-07-2007. I never did find that section for total sales.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
65 Red, I feel your pain. People often say just talk to them. I did. I did again and again and again. I talked to Paypal. I talked to them again and again and again. Nothing. They both said they could do nothing for me. I told them to shove their accounts. Then I called my credit card company and disputed it. And just like I told PayPal and Ebay, they will have to deal with it. And they had to. And when they kept emailing me, I kept telling them to shove it. Unfortunately a year or so went by and I started new accounts. Although I don't have hundreds of thousands of sells like some people here that will go nameless :dunno I had been on since 2002 and had spent well over 33k and sold a little too. That didn't matter to either of them at all. And to top it off, I was 100% in the right. But they don't care.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was curious to see how much I sold too. I logged into eyilbay and couldn't find anything at all. I clicked on every link there is. Apparently I have sold $0.00 according to them.
:dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bungy....
Click on My Account
In the left hand section...click on Seller's dashboard.
when that comes up go to the bottom of the page....
You will see Total sales amount, number of auctions, and the date of your first sale.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I did just that. There is nothing at the bottom. All I get is a box that says "start selling on ebay" If I click on that, it takes me to a page to start selling.