efi for 348

Ted59

Has anyone tried these new EFI like Sniper, FiTech, or MSD Atomic on a 348 motor.
What's your thoughts.
Thanks for your time.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I would go with the Sniper over any of the others that you posted.Holley has more experience making aftermarket efi than anyone,is simpler to use,has a faster more trouble free processor and much better customer service .The FiTech does have some rather intresting features but too many bad reviews.

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
neilswheels I went to the autotrendefi site looking for "injection hat looks like Rochesters" and didn't see it. I probably missed it. What area on their site do they show it?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It's there about midway down the page.Very clean and neat set up.Didn't see a price though :hide.Click on the ''Products and Services'' link at the top of the page.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Since my early Christmas present got here[Thanks again guys],the induction plans have changed to two 600 Eddies.I ordered the gaskets,heat spacers[wooden],linkage,fuel line kit,and a good regulator from summit on 12/15 and they showed up yesterday[12/17].When I told my cousin about the 2-4 set up and he was like :happy!

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would go with the Sniper over any of the others that you posted.Holley has more experience making aftermarket efi than anyone,is simpler to use,has a faster more trouble free processor and much better customer service .The FiTech does have some rather intresting features but too many bad reviews.
I disagree with Don on this one. Holley is late to the game for simple fuel injection set ups to replace a carb like F.A.S.T. and Fi-tech. Now every company is copying the designs and trying to keep their companies relevant.
Certainly Holley has lots of experience but the entire reason Fi-Tech and Fast even exist is because Holley was horrible. Holley now has some quality products but that is only because they were left in the dust and they figured building something like what F.A.S.T. was doing would help keep Holley from closing its doors. Now just about any company has an EFI system to replace your carb with. I love Holley carbs but they wouldn't be my first choice for anything other than name recognition. What you really want to do is determine what you have and what is the best system for your application. The only thing I would consider is who locally could I turn to for help should I have any issues come up. Having great customer service is great but sometimes it better to have someone standing in front of you that knows that they are doing.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Since my early Christmas present got here[Thanks again guys],the induction plans have changed to two 600 Eddies.I ordered the gaskets,heat spacers[wooden],linkage,fuel line kit,and a good regulator from summit on 12/15 and they showed up yesterday[12/17].When I told my cousin about the 2-4 set up and he was like :happy!
Get us some pictures! We want to see a big smile too.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I disagree with Don on this one. Holley is late to the game for simple fuel injection set ups to replace a carb like F.A.S.T. and Fi-tech. Now every company is copying the designs and trying to keep their companies relevant.
Certainly Holley has lots of experience but the entire reason Fi-Tech and Fast even exist is because Holley was horrible. Holley now has some quality products but that is only because they were left in the dust and they figured building something like what F.A.S.T. was doing would help keep Holley from closing its doors. Now just about any company has an EFI system to replace your carb with. I love Holley carbs but they wouldn't be my first choice for anything other than name recognition. What you really want to do is determine what you have and what is the best system for your application. The only thing I would consider is who locally could I turn to for help should I have any issues come up. Having great customer service is great but sometimes it better to have someone standing in front of you that knows that they are doing.
I have ready access to a couple of those guys too!

I work part time at a muscle car shop and they have had nothing but trouble with the cheapest Sniper kits! These are the ones with the ecu in the main body. No trouble at all with external mount ecu units.