efi for 348

smgarland

I am late to the party but the proof is in the pudding. I have a 58 Impala with a stroked 348 engine and am running the MSD Atomic fuel injection unit. The reason I went with the MSD is because it's the only system that allows you to not have to run a return line back to the tank or have to have some odd sump like the FiTech unit. The MSD has a pulse fuel pump that allows you to just exterior mount the pump next to the tank and run the fuel line to the unit. For sure the simplest EFI to hook up. The car runs great and it starts first crank every time. Even if the car sits for months, all I have to do is turn the key to accessory and wait 2 seconds for the fuel pump to prime and then turn the key and it fires before it even cranks a full revolution. Huge power with no hesitation and gas mileage has been outstanding. So far the system has been great and not sorry I went with it.

boug58

Well Known Member
Do you have pictures. I have 58 impala with 348 stroked. I have a 3 duce on it for the last 16 years. looking for reliable system to take long trips. and what intake did you use. I bought a Edelbrock 7159 a few years back it is a dual plane would that work. thanks please get back with me . dbougie@chartermi.net please send pictures