Electric fan

Farmboy25

Do any of you have an electric fan hookup for your 348 or 409? I bought ones for my 348 but only have 1 temp switch on my tri power intake. I was going to use that one for the fan, but also need one for my gauge. I know they make a water neck that has a port for sensor, but not sure for 348. Any help would be great. Thanks

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Some of the manufacturers offer a probe that runs through the cooling fins on your rad. Others have a sensor that is attached to the rad hose.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If a "T" fitting is too ugly or not practical on the intake, you can always put one inline in a heater hose.

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was on E-bay and bought an aluminum in-line adapter that goes in the top rad.hose...has a 3/8 npt port in it...thought it wa $29 ? works well in my tri power '61. Steiger Performance Fredonia N.Y. item # 291014539254

jeff hall

Well Known Member
They make a soft plug that has a fitting to install your temp. gauge probe in. You can install it in the back left hole and hides the extra probe.

chuckl

Well Known Member
Do any of you have an electric fan hookup for your 348 or 409? I bought ones for my 348 but only have 1 temp switch on my tri power intake. I was going to use that one for the fan, but also need one for my gauge. I know they make a water neck that has a port for sensor, but not sure for 348. Any help would be great. Thanks
I have a mild build 348 tri-power with Vintage Air Gen IV. I installed an electric pusher fan to help out at extended idle speeds and wired it through a trinary switch, which controls the fan. This inline switch replaces the binary switch (pressure switch) which would only shut off the compressor for excessively high and low pressures. The trinary switch controls all three. Works good.

mac1

Well Known Member
Here's what I did. I lead soldered a 1/2" female copper adapter into a brass freeze plug. It's worked well for me.
Like Jeff said, you can buy these already made up for small blocks but not sure if they have them for W's.

DSCF1215.JPG