Engine Masters 2014

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cool that we can put a face with a name now. Can we take that as a confirmation that Walden's entry is a W motor? They have gotten BIG into the LSX engine family in the last several years so I was wondering if they really were going to build a 348/409 or not.
Judging from a post on another forum it sounds like they are building a W as well.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
They are listed as building a 434. I wonder if it'll be the usual 4.155" Bore / 4" Stroke 348 based combo or a large bore / short stroke ?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I also was wondering if the Walden entry will be a W or LS. Good luck to you all. I asked a couple of years ago about a W and Ronnie said I should have with my build-I'm a little too novice a builder for that but would be fun to help for sure.

Several Pontiac entries also, in fact Kaase the Ford guy entered a Pontiac and did well a few years ago. On Pontiac entry is using the new reproduced RAV heads.

Lots of dyno time tweaking camshaft choices, wide bands in every header tube tweaking fuel distribution and jetting but really cool stuff. Some guys using cams with more intake duration all kinds of stuff.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
quote="Don Jacks, post: 227227, member: 2923"]Heck,I can beat both of you.I can stand around,get in the way,and ask a million dumb questions!:laugh:laugh[/quote]
Shit, :grumble

You know what I like about this ?
The rules:deal
It isn't a wild free for all. Without any doubt whatsoever, these two engines are going to be genuine W block based 409's, with all the basics intact, looking like 409's, sounding like 409's, and I'm expecting, making more average horsepower per cubic inch, than has ever been done with a 409.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Aubrey, how much of what is "legal" for the EMC is also legal for C Stock? It sounds like you might come away with a new bag of tricks for the '62.

HHMM,
Well, what I believe would shared, is the following:
Optimum oil clearances, piston to wall clearances, perfect bores, state of the art rings, gapped precicesly, low tension oil ring. Perfect valve job with tedious blending of seat angles. Fully blueprinted, and destined to go as fast as possible, for short periods of time.
That's it.
An NHRA / IHRA Stocker obviously can't use any of the port modifications, aftermarket intakes or carbs, aftermarket cranks / altered strok, ect.
Mine must retain stock stroke, stock compression ratio, stock lift flat tappet cam, stock ports, stock intake, stock carbs. Yeah, there's a "few" tricks within there, but with the exception of the noted above, virtually none of the high tech, trick modifications can be used.

Rob Walden

Supporting Member 1
Hey Aubrey, it was good talking to you the other day. To answer the question yes LWA is building a W motor to compete in the engine challenge. Lamar is very excited to do this and wants to show the performance world that with some modern technology that the W motor can be just as competitive as any other engine. We would also like to congratulate Bob and his team for making the list and say good luck too. :cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Rob:

Thanks for connecting up, and best of luck to all in the competition!

I am continually amazed by the modifications you fellas make based on your vast collective experiences :).

Cheers!
TomK

Thanks, Rob:bow.... this is going to be HUGE:deal

I was just thinking:think... all this "public announcement" :rub
HHHMMM:rub
pretty soon, will be quite "hush hush" for a while;)
:D