et,s

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Tim
Yes, I have a set of BWR raised port heads, and raised center exhaust ports.
intake is a Rich Rojeski /Lemar walden 2x4 intake. with 2 .385 spacers between
intake and head. a set of Stahl headers ( modified to fit on the raised center ports.)
You have to see the header to understand what I did
to accomplish that bit of engineering. Dave Mills out of Mich. did the porting work on the heads.
Allen

blown 409

Well Known Member
ets

Allen, i have a set of stock port BWR heads on mine rt now but also have a set of BWR raised ports, not sure who to have port them? what did heads flow? did you dyno moter? the guy that makes my sheet metal intakes for me, made another manifold for the raised ports, and will make the header flages/headers for me too, all my exaust ports are raised, Tim

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Broken Bits

Hey Brian, Yes, not sure what came apart but it does not sound good, will know in the next few nights when I take it apart.

Kevin Quik9r

Well the pictures say it all, 21 broken teeth. Funny thing is that the tires are new 8.00X14 bias ply:eek: Not even a slick.

Attachments

• IMG_6145.JPG
    IMG_6145.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6148.JPG
    IMG_6148.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6149.JPG
    IMG_6149.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6152.JPG
    IMG_6152.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 75

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
My car ran pretty well after getting the problems resolved , 10.39 w/ a best mph of 129.52. We had a couple 60' times of 1.43 .The weather conditions were not very good , Allen ck'd the air and it was in the 3500 ' range . :eek:

As Allen said , can't wait to get into some great air this fall. :cool:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I ran a best of 12.35 @ 109 or there abouts. My 60' times were off by a tenth @ 1.7 and change. Car hung in there with no issues thanks to the Generals excellent build. I bought a pair of BWR heads at the track and will be building a new engine with the 62 block and putting it in the Impala untill it finally finds a home in the 41 Chevy I have tucked away here. I hope to have the engine built for the 2011 meet if I can manage.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Winners???????

Doug Marion called yesterday needing information. He is writing 2 articles....one for Super Chevy and another for Jody at National Impala Assoc. He needs to know the 2 winners of each bracket. I realize there "wasn't" the race but he wanted to list who got to the final round before the rain.
Thanks!!

Give me the names and the cars.........

Gerry

Supporting Member 1
Et's

Best run for the 61 was 10.96 @122.51. 1.50 60ft.

It was a great place to be, surrounded by all the W
people and W cars.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Kevin, that looks like spider gears. Did it hurt the ring and pinion or the carrier? That is the 3rd set of spider gears that carrier has gone through since it was in my car. I splattered a stock set, a Yukon set, and now you splattered a set of Precision ones. WTF! Real sorry to see and hear of the damage. Unfortunately, that is the reason I went with a 9 inch. I did not trust the strength of the stock axle. Especially with my stroker.