Ever hear of a 1966 Chevy Caribe?

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bob,
I have a book, Chevy Super Sports, that has a short blurb about the Caribe. It says that none were ever sold. It was just an "idea" car. I think it would have been a great idea!!
Ross

Old School

Supporting Member 1
You may be able to buy it soon. GM just announced they are going to auction off their "one offs" and "antique" car collection. I think they want to do it before a Federal BK court orders it liquidated.

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Damn! I'm a couple million short for the ones I want!

You may be able to buy it soon. GM just announced they are going to auction off their "one offs" and "antique" car collection. I think they want to do it before a Federal BK court orders it liquidated.

Damn! I'm a couple million short for the ones I want!

The first generation turbine car, the "Y Job", the original Buick Wildcat, and several more I do not remember the names of off hand. :cuss

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
2009-1966=43:nono1:
Add 43 years to the 4 beauties in the picture and I'm pretty sure you would want them to keep their tops on.

That's when the 23 year old's butterfly tattoo on the boobie turns into a terradactyl at 63 :roll

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
The XP Cars

There was only two of these made.

I think that both were destroyed. Though one may have survived and is in the GM museum.

Just like alot of the Motorama dream cars and weird one-offs that GM made. They scapped them when they were done with them. No real reason to warehouse a concept car for 40-50 years.

This particular one was built to do two things 1) to see if it could be mass produced efficiently using other 66 "B" parts

and 2) to explore consumer interest in this product.

The 1968 Camaro Carribbe is even a more interesting and more tasteful example of such cars.