Extra Parts from 59

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't quite remember where in the 59 these came from.
I just know I won't be using them.
Input on what they are and possible value is appreciated.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
First two pics are of a voltage regulator. I have no idea what what it might be worth to someone. You are able to buy reproduction regulators. What is the size of the shield in the 3rd photo? Was your car a 2 bbl? Resembles a heat shield that goes under the carb between the manifold and carb base?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Not with that thread engagement.
I was thinking the shims could be added on either side of the plate sandwiched on upper a arm therefore bolts would not have to change in lenght. Don't remember what upper control mount looks like .I could be wrong.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Those bolt heads are drilled. Usually they are used where wire goes through the holes to tie to each other or some metal anchor to prevent loosening. I can't think or a place on a Chevy where that would be used.
Funny now that you pointed out the safety wire bolts, some where in my life i have actually encountered those ,and remembered being wired. Just don't recall on what.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Same wheel in El Camino as in any 59 and I assume 60. El Camino interiors were biscayne so assume that’s is what this is. Not sure if biscayne and BelAir wheels were different , my 59 had an Impala wheel when I got it.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What year is this steering wheel? Between my Dad and I, we collected a few parts over time.

Attachments

• 16246276175258047413269739972219.jpg
    16246276175258047413269739972219.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19