"F" FedEx

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What can I say. The last 2 shipments from them were so problematic that if I never have to use them again it will be too soon. It was such a hassle this time that I told them to shove it and they can return the package to the seller and I will simply get a refund. 2 motorcycle tires coming from Southern CA to Northern CA. All I wanted was them to change was the delivery time because I have to sign for them ( some of us still work ) I was trying to resolve having them go back and forth 3 times just to have to return them to the sender if no-one was there to sign. They were supposed to deliver between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. I asked if they could deliver after 4 pm which is a part of their delivery time until at least 8 pm. After 50 minutes on the phone and going through 5 people I was done. They refused to change the time. Told them where they can deliver it. What the **** :dunno

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a FedEex account and have shipped with them for years and have had excellent service from them. Actually I can say I've had excellent service not only from them but also from UPS and the postal service. When I've shipped expensive stuff, mostly complete turn key dual quad setups, that had to be signed for because of the insured value, and the recipient would not be home, in every case we shipped to his place of work. Problem solved.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What can I say. The last 2 shipments from them were so problematic that if I never have to use them again it will be too soon. It was such a hassle this time that I told them to shove it and they can return the package to the seller and I will simply get a refund. 2 motorcycle tires coming from Southern CA to Northern CA. All I wanted was them to change was the delivery time because I have to sign for them ( some of us still work ) I was trying to resolve having them go back and forth 3 times just to have to return them to the sender if no-one was there to sign. They were supposed to deliver between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. I asked if they could deliver after 4 pm which is a part of their delivery time until at least 8 pm. After 50 minutes on the phone and going through 5 people I was done. They refused to change the time. Told them where they can deliver it. What the **** :dunno
You could also have them hold for you at Fedex for you to pick up

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I do not have a FedEx account and don't need one. FedEx has told me that I cannot change anything, Hold, delivery time, or dropped off at one of their places. They said the shipper could. Contacted the shipper. They said FedEx will not let them change the delivery time, or drop off, or remove the signature required on the shipment. So FedEx refuses to change anything. FedEx will not let me change anything. FedEx will not let the shipper change the signature required, or change the delivery time. They can return the package. Something is seriously wrong when either the purchaser, or shipper, cannot make these changes. Their loss. I will just order elsewhere and make sure they do not ship with FedEx.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

IMBVSUR?

I can feel your pain. Dealing with UPS can be a real hassle. I think the claims people get a bonus if they can piss you off enough to get you to forget the claim. I have not had the privilege to have to deal with Fed Ex. On a positive note for USPS, I had to file a claim recently. Customer received box with the invoice & no contents. Customer called, I asked the customer to send me pics of the box. After going thru the motions on USPS.com, attaching an invoice copy & pics and FINALLY finding the submit button, I had a $100 check in a couple weeks. :):):)
Jeff

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I do not have a FedEx account and don't need one. FedEx has told me that I cannot change anything, Hold, delivery time, or dropped off at one of their places. They said the shipper could. Contacted the shipper. They said FedEx will not let them change the delivery time, or drop off, or remove the signature required on the shipment. So FedEx refuses to change anything. FedEx will not let me change anything. FedEx will not let the shipper change the signature required, or change the delivery time. They can return the package. Something is seriously wrong when either the purchaser, or shipper, cannot make these changes. Their loss. I will just order elsewhere and make sure they do not ship with FedE

The shipper can do all that but it has to be done online while the package is still in transit

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's not only with shipping companies, since Covid, good old Customer Service has gone to the crapper.
You are correct. Seems these days quite a few business's think that an email is customer service. People sure have warped idea of what customer service means.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, to prove their stupidity, even after telling FedEx, and the seller a full day before the scheduled delivery that there will be no-one at the house to sign for the shipment, they came anyway and left a tag on the door. What a joke this company is. Wow! I just used my best customer service skills ( I emailed the seller ) and told them to call FedStupid and have the package returned and to refund the purchase. No longer mad, now it's fun time. Going to see how much misery I can cause them :D

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I guess after I made it 100% clear to the seller and FedStupid that they would have to deliver it after after 4pm or return it to the seller, FedStupid decided that they indeed could deliver the item after 4pm. Really cannot believe that both the seller and FedStupid refused to help in any way until I told them to both get bent and to deliver the package to their south side while facing north :D Good lesson for me though. I will always ask in the future who is handling the shipping, and how it will be shipped.

Reactions: 327

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I bought a new electric scooter for my wife and it was shipped to my Florida address. The company failed to put my lot number on the FedEx label. FedEx drove by my house 4x. I called FedEx and was assured they would contact the regional office where it had been in and out for four days. They didn’t do it. I was able to get a phone number of the local facility and contacted them. The next day it arrived via the manager. This is the box and how it was received. Amazingly, it was not damaged. It is a 130 lb. Package so I am sure it was dragged off and on the trucks more than 12 times.

Attachments

• 4698188F-8DE5-43DA-897E-1F3384F454F0.jpeg
    4698188F-8DE5-43DA-897E-1F3384F454F0.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 3AF148A3-6B14-49B4-B782-0B30035C8997.jpeg
    3AF148A3-6B14-49B4-B782-0B30035C8997.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 19

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ordered a bunch of books for my wife a few weeks ago. They have been trickling in. Well, today I get a notice. "Delivered" Go look on the porch. Nothing. Go back and check the email. You guessed it, FedStupid. And they left a picture of the delivery. Funny thing, that isn't my porch. Oh, and it says it was signed for :dunno FEDEXSTUPID.jpg That looks signed for to me, doesn't it to you? :D So I contacted the seller. A message says, check with your neighbor before calling. I said :finger2:finger:finger2:finger I don't work for FedStupid. Shipping was paid to them to deliver it to my address. They can do their job. I told the seller to resolve the issue within a few days or send refund. If they don't I will dispute it on the ol credit card :good Ebay did that many years ago. The seller said they needed weeks to custom produce the product. I waited. Then I waited. After more than 8 weeks contacted Ebay. They said it was too late for them to do anything about it, even though I said the seller clearly states 6 weeks to get the product. Ebay said get bent. I told Ebay and Paypal to get bent. Then disputed it. Then all of the Ebay and Paypal wanted me to help with it after I disputed it. I told them :finger:finger:finger:finger:finger:finger:finger:finger

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That sucks and this is one reason of a few I have everything shipped to my work so someone can sign for it and also so I don't have to worry about porch pirates

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I bought some Cleco's, from Amazon. I forgot to open my gate, in the driveway. :dohUsually they deliver around 3:30 or so. Today the PRIME truck came at 1:00. :dunnoThe Amazon driver, actually called my Home Phone, to tell me he left my box outside the gate.:clap He warned me, so the Porch Pirates didn't see it. I would say, he went Above and Beyond.:good