Fall colors in southwest Idaho !

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Linda and I were setting around yesterday waiting for the Boise State Football game to start, wondering what are you going to do until game time (6 PM) ?? Linda said how about taking a drive to see the fall colors ? Now being a guy who likes to drive, I said sure, sounds like fun... So we headed out for a drive along the Snake River, because I thought there would be some trees along the river, and it should make a nice drive with little or no traffic.

Once we got out of town and along the highway...

So we turned along a different road...

Then again, on the return back to Boise...

Then I remembered "WE LIVE IN A DESERT" !!!! :rub:doh:roll

Bill and Linda

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Linda and I were setting around yesterday waiting for the Boise State Football game to start, wondering what are you going to do until game time (6 PM) ?? Linda said how about taking a drive to see the fall colors ? Now being a guy who likes to drive, I said sure, sounds like fun... So we headed out for a drive along the Snake River, because I thought there would be some trees along the river, and it should make a nice drive with little or no traffic.

Once we got out of town and along the highway...

So we turned along a different road...

Then again, on the return back to Boise...

Then I remembered "WE LIVE IN A DESERT" !!!! :rub:doh:roll

Bill and Linda

Bill, you should have posed beside those tourist attractions , and send card's to relative's and friend's , saying enjoying the trip wished you were here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:roll:roll

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Lonnie said:
Bill, you are a riot!!

Linda was not particularly amused... Something about living in Idaho long enough I should KNOW where the leaves are !!!

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
What amazes me is even though all four pictures are taken on the same day, they are miles apart and taken hours apart !!!! There are places in Idaho that are very colorful and scenic, just not where I took Linda on Saturday ! Although I have always said, that if you don't think the desert is beautiful, you need to see it in the Spring !! That's when the colors come out, well if it was a wet winter...

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill..............if you would take 21 west of Stanley to Lowman and then the county road to Banks....and up 55 towards Riggins..............IT IS AWESOME ON THE HARLEYS!!!!!! Summer or Fall!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill, you went the wrong way. Drive into Boise and they have trees......I know, cuz I saw both of them last time I was there.
:D

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil said:
Bill, you went the wrong way. Drive into Boise and they have trees......I know, cuz I saw both of them last time I was there.:D

Cecil,

You do know that Boise is the "City of Trees ?"

And some color here...

But Linda wanted to see something new ???

Bill

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You should bring her to the real desert to see the saguaro cactus change colors........

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We'll be down that way this winter, if everything goes as planned.

Bill

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Winter is the first two weeks of January..........dont' be late.;)

Oh, :think............BTW, Saguaros only change color when they are dead, which of course, is illegal since they are protected.

:D