Faux 409??

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Not into the fakes either but I think that looks pretty neat and give the fabricator a lot of credit. I'd do that on my Hotrod, look pretty cool with the open engine and blower. Can always say I have a couple real ones at home if questioned. Nothing wrong with trying to imitate a look as long as they aren't trying to pass something off as the real thing.

Dennis

The big block looks cool that way. Nothing wrong with that. Waldens aluminum 409 IS a big block chevy with 09 heads. I dont see anyone complaining about that engine !!!!

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The big block looks cool that way. Nothing wrong with that. Waldens aluminum 409 IS a big block chevy with 09 heads. I dont see anyone complaining about that engine !!!!

You might want to read some of the post about the converted Big Block and I think it is that most people like the real thing!!

Bill

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
You could not build a BBC from the Walden block. Deck angle is at 409 spec. In that respect, you could say Chevrolet 396 is just a 409 with BBC heads and some changes. The original Walden mockup was a BBC, but the new casting is a 409 in my opinion.

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I run a set on my car. It fools 90% of the people that look including 409 owners, when they ask 348 or 409 I ask if they're a chevy guy then tell them to look again and most get it after staring at it for 10 seconds. I like it and drive it all over . I could care less about matching numbers , yea if I found a good deal on a 09 id buy it, but I think them days are few and far between. Are pro street cars fake race cars?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I run a set on my car. It fools 90% of the people that look including 409 owners, when they ask 348 or 409 I ask if they're a chevy guy then tell them to look again and most get it after staring at it for 10 seconds. I like it and drive it all over . I could care less about matching numbers , yea if I found a good deal on a 09 id buy it, but I think them days are few and far between. Are pro street cars fake race cars?
You have a set of those valve covers? Where did you buy them? I've finally got a 409 and hoping to finish it soon, but I'd still like to have a pair of those.....fake or not. LOL

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You have a set of those valve covers? Where did you buy them? I've finally got a 409 and hoping to finish it soon, but I'd still like to have a pair of those.....fake or not. LOL
. The guy i got the car from ,it was his buddy, i think he just makes them for himself. But i could ask.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here are some pictures of Steve's (64ChevyDude) big block in his '62 with "faux Oh Nine" valve covers and a Z11 style air cleaner too!! I think it looks pretty good myself. 20140510_194225.jpg 20140510_194240.jpg

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
64chevydude, you got me there!:laugh
Looks cool doesn't it Brian? Also....just think if this were a car you street raced.....if anyone got a quick peak under the hood in the dark....they wouldn't suspect a rat motor for a second. Sneaky-sneaky!!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I guess. I just care for a W motor a little bit more than a bbc. Nothing wrong with a bbc, I am building one with a 6-71 on top, just coming together slowly. And yes, it is a real 6-71!