FE Ford reunion

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Not a 390 or 406 in the bunch. Don't think there were many 427's either. Most ran to strong for that. They were laying down some great times. :bow

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Thanks for checking it out guys. Here is more coverage of our event. This was our third and biggest year. The event grows each year. I had the idea for this event several years ago and approached Beaver Bob with it. He loved it!! We've managed to build our sponsorship base each year too and actually have folks asking us to help out financially as opposed to us chasing down sponsors.

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/...springs-thunderbolts-and-classics-everywhere/

http://bangshift.com/gallery/2015-fe-race-and-reunion-car-show/

Our long distance award went to fellow who came in from Australia!! We also had folks from Germany, Switzerland and Canada. It is truly an international event!!

We say this isn't a Ford event, it's a FE event!!!

Last edited:

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Use to frequent Beaver Springs back in the late 90's with Leo Sekulski who had a Thunderbolt clone with a 460 in it. If you know him/see him, tell him Don with the 409 says Hey!

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Leo now has the '63 Galaxie clone of Al Joniec's "Peanuts" car FE powered. He was at the event.

Trust me there were plenty of stock displacement 352, 390, 406, 427 and 428s there, even a 332. We had everything from barn find survivors, to NHRA legal stockers to stock F-100s both showing and racing. This event is not just about the 8 second FE, it is about ALL FEs no matter how fast or how slow, stock or restored. We stress that with our promotion of the event. Everyone with a FE is welcome and they are all appreciated.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Leo had also bought a white '63 Galaxie when I was in PA. I wonder if he made it the Peanuts clone. We also hung with a guy named Keith Wynn who had two '63 Plymouths (a 413 Max Wedge and 426 wedge).

It was very cool to see my '63 Chevy, Keith's '63 Plymouth and Leo's 63 Galaxie side by side.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
drc409....... I see you are about 3 hours away from Bowling Green, Ky............ you thought about attending the HOT ROD REUNION this year, there are a few of us gonna get together for the week end come join us, bring your car, its a great show, and we can all talk 348-409 stuff

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bub6le 2op, I've had the dates on my calendar but haven't made a hotel reservation yet. 50/50 chance I've got a conflict on that weekend. If I come, I doubt if I'll bring my car. I'll let you know when my plans firm up.