Good News! FINAL NAIL IN COFFIN FOR VINTAGE CHEVY FORGERS?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
GM announces creation of Chevrolet Historical Services; millions of classic-car records to be made available.

“We have unearthed the mother lode,” GM spokesperson Melissa Hayes said in a statement. “Millions of documents, long-assumed lost, were in fact stored on a vintage computer that was recently found in a GM storage warehouse in Sterling Heights, Mich.”

http://autoweek.com/article/classic...olet-historical-services-millions-classic-car

Thanks to Bryan Fugate for this link!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Pontiac has all their records.

Pontiac Historical Services can only go back to 1961 and they can't document the very earliest 61's. They were able to document my '61, it was built the last week of Nov. 1960

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some years ago, when I was relatively new here there was someone that claimed to have a bunch of records of the Impalas, he was being a jack ass and telling people he wouldn't let anyone in on the info for some reason and was pissed and wanted to take his ball home, who was that guy?

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Damn, I guess I can't sell my 409 wheels as numbers matching......:tantrum :laugh2

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Pontiac Historical Services can only go back to 1961 and they can't document the very earliest 61's. They were able to document my '61, it was built the last week of Nov. 1960
They documented my GTO as well. I have everything it left the factory with.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
GM announces creation of Chevrolet Historical Services; millions of classic-car records to be made available.

“We have unearthed the mother lode,” GM spokesperson Melissa Hayes said in a statement. “Millions of documents, long-assumed lost, were in fact stored on a vintage computer that was recently found in a GM storage warehouse in Sterling Heights, Mich.”

http://autoweek.com/article/classic...olet-historical-services-millions-classic-car

Thanks to Bryan Fugate for this link!
BRYAN ...... THAT"S NOT FAIR !!!!!
DICK MACKENZIE....... I OFFICIALLY HATE YOU !!!!!:no:cuss:tantrum:furious:angry2
:crazy:cheers

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I didn't read the entire article, didn't realize this was some sick persons idea of a joke. Shame on them, whoever it was

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
"Some years ago, when I was relatively new here there was someone that claimed to have a bunch of records of the Impalas, he was being a jack ass and telling people he wouldn't let anyone in on the info for some reason and was pissed and wanted to take his ball home, who was that guy?"

I suspect you might be referring to Fran Preve. He was at Tonowanda back in the day and he had first hand line experience as well as a gaggle of original source materials (and magazines as I recall).

I believe Fran passed a few years back...

Best, TomK

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
That is correct, it was Fran and yes he did turn some people off. He was actually banned but I visited Fran at his house before he passed away and he did have exactly what he claimed he did. In person he was as nice as you could ask for. Another member here now has the materials that he processed.