finaly they are here!!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Soon as the clock rolls over to quitting time ZOOOOM I am in the shed to start the assembly!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Tic, those are great looking pieces! I called UMI this morning to see if I could get some straight upper control arms not the bannana arms. Tech guy says no. Guess I am on my own again for the uppers. You saw in the pictures of the driver side upper that I have modified that it was pretty close to the trunk floor, I have to redesign that piece so it will not hit the floor with max suspension travel. Until I get my feet back on the ground after this rear suspension redesign/instant center quest I will have to use the stock type arms. I like your design but I think I want to stay with the poly bushings for now. I will be lowering the lower control arms this weekend.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know your wanting a Bushing Joint type ends. I dug for some and all I could find it these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003#ebayphotohosting

bushingjoint.jpg

You could use these type and the ends instead of the center adjuster type.

Also: What is the inside to inside measurement on your upper control arm brackets? My passenger is in the stock location but I need to see where the drivers side is going to sit.

thanks!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I know your wanting a Bushing Joint type ends. I dug for some and all I could find it these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003#ebayphotohosting

View attachment 9407

You could use these type and the ends instead of the center adjuster type.

Also: What is the inside to inside measurement on your upper control arm brackets? My passenger is in the stock location but I need to see where the drivers side is going to sit.

thanks!
Tic.
If I read you right you are asking for the center to center measument to the bushing end holes? From the center of the frame bracket hole to the center of the axle bracket hole measures 13.5". The holes are already in place on the stock 60 chevy for the driver side upper frame bracket. With the axle in place and the car sitting on the suspension and the passenger side upper control arm hooked up and the pinnion angle at 4 dgs Just bolt on the driver side axle housing brackets to the control arm put the other end in the frame bracket and bring the arm and brackets down to the axle and tac em up. Because the Ford 9" is offset to the driverside one of the axle brackets will sit on the pig housing. I can post pictures if you need them. I can get you the inside to inside measurments between the brackets but you need to set it up like I said.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
With the axle in place and the car sitting on the suspension and the passenger side upper control arm hooked up and the pinnion angle at 4 dgs Just bolt on the driver side axle housing brackets to the control arm put the other end in the frame bracket and bring the arm and brackets down to the axle and tac em up. Because the Ford 9" is offset to the driverside one of the axle brackets will sit on the pig housing. I can post pictures if you need them. I can get you the inside to inside measurments between the brackets but you need to set it up like I said.

Ahh that's how that's done! Makes sense!
thanks
Mike

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Red!!!!!

Hey Tic; Those lower control arms are too KOOL. Where did you get them? How much $$$$$ Thanks Skip