Finger press brake build

bobs409

Administrator
Just got done building my new shop press finger brake with "goose neck" dies. lol This fits my 12 ton HF shop press. The goose neck dies I bought as a kit on swag offroad for $99 w/shipping. Worth every penny as cutting these 24 pieces accurately out of 1/2 inch steel plate isn't my idea of having fun. They are laser cut and come still tabbed together in 6's. You then cut them apart and assemble them how you like. I chose to make a 6, 5, two 3's, two 2's and left 3 as singles. You can hit any measurement in 1/2's for a total of 12 inches with this setup and even space them if needed.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Finger-B...2-Ton-The-20-Ton-Finger-Brake-Only_p_120.html

The rest of this I built going from a picture of the ones they sell, mostly from stuff out of the drops box at my metal supplier. These dies will bend up to 1/4 inch thick material. I tested it on some 3/16 and it worked great. I only have a regular sheet metal brake so it's not able to make boxes and lids as you can't bend the last 2 folds as the first 2 get in the way. With these finger dies, you can do that by using only what you need to fit. The purpose of the goose neck shape is to allow more shallow or complex bends.

Oh yeah, had the 409 out for a cruise too! :D (one of these days, I'm gonna finish the body & paint it!)

DSCN7974.jpg DSCN7975.jpg DSCN7976.jpg DSCN7977.jpg DSCN7978.jpg DSCN7979.jpg DSCN7980.jpg DSCN7981.jpg DSCN7982.jpg