First Drive Today!

bmac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Unbelievable!!!

We finally took my 65 Impala out with the 409!! Sounds awesome!!! (Only the 2nd one I've ever heard, Rons 64ss409 was the 1st) :brow

I just took it for a short spin as I have a headbolt with a small coolant leak but other than that it looks awesome... I'll snap some pics and post later.

Special thanks to Rock, Dan, and Aubrey for their assistance!! :clap :clap

bmac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
oh yeah...

Yeah, it's great... been a long time coming.

Here a couple pics...

Attachments

• Eng409PassFront.jpg
    Eng409PassFront.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Eng409DriveSide.jpg
    Eng409DriveSide.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 54

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bob
It looks great! Glad you got it in and running! :clap I know it took a long time, but it's worth it, isn't it! Now I am anxious to see it.
Ron

Hey, if you ever get to the Brew Pub, there should be a big 409 mile marker sign hanging somewhere in there signed by Hayden Proffitt. Maybe if we get a nice day, we can meet there.

SO COOL, Bob !!!!!!
That IS good news :beerbang :beerbang

Yes, as always, it takes twice as long as we figure it would :? :dunno

Good thing we had some decent weather so you could try it out :clap

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
64ss409 said:
Hey, if you ever get to the Brew Pub, there should be a big 409 mile marker sign hanging somewhere in there signed by Hayden Proffitt. Maybe if we get a nice day, we can meet there.

So where`s this Brew Pub?
I plan on taking a long over due trip to Montana in the spring and may just need a cold beverage !!! :D :cheers ,,,,dq

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
dq

The Brew Pub is in Belt, about 20 miles east of Great Falls. It is in the old Fender Chevrolet dealership. (Porter Fender was the owner, out of business since the 60's) They kept the automotive theme and have the walls filled with old gas station signs, oil signs, old license plates, hub caps, road signs, 3 gas pumps on the floor, one of which is the old, old style that you pumped the gas up into a glass container, then it was gravity flow to the car. Lots of autique stuff. It takes about 3 or 4 glasses to look it all over.

They have 16 taps and three to seven microbrews, depending on the season, that are brewed in Belt about a block away. The peanut shells go on the floor. Also a deck out back overlooking Belt Creek with tables, (summer use).

I am starting to get thirsty......and the wife isn't home.......hmmmmm Maybe I should go see if they got the mile marker up, and take a picture. :cheers
Ron

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So Ron, I know right where that is !! Always thought Belt would be a good place to live !
How far is Coffee creek from there ? , dq

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Way to go!!!!!!!

Hey Bobby-Mac...

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!! Glad to see your fine accomplishment!!!!
Congratulations!!! How about email me some pics of the car ???

Rock :D

bmac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ron,

For sure a meet at the brew pub is in order.... DQ will have to let us know when he's 'passin through' so we can all meet there.

Aubrey,
I'll be sending you new pics for the linked info on your site. :beerbang

Rock,
I'll send some this week.... the shroud cut worked out perfectly, I'll include some photos of that too.

Thanks all for the comments.
bmac :D