First time fishing.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had told the boy I would take him fishing this summer and summer got away from me. The kids start school tomorrow so we went fishing for a bit today. Didn’t get much time out due to rain that came through. I passed down my first fishing pole I ever had to him. Nothing fancy but my grandpa had fixed it up for me my first time out. He caught 2 small perch so he was happy as hell. The daughter wasn’t too thrilled about it though.E7C0930A-F286-49C9-9756-B7FD4B4B88B6.jpeg8355CA43-621D-439C-AF68-8E33FE0C0432.jpeg54C3BF29-0E3D-4ED9-B456-8BC4E293372B.jpegEC75C95D-A7D7-4894-8200-A1898C2DB2C0.jpeg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nothing wrong with the pole. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed everything up last night and put new line on. We did fish in the rain for a bit then it started to pour so called it quits. Yes he was all smiles and wants to go back already. The daughter is special needs so has a very short attention span and just will have a fit I’m used to it but other people look like what the hell is going on.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nothing wrong with the pole. I took it apart and cleaned and lubed everything up last night and put new line on. We did fish in the rain for a bit then it started to pour so called it quits. Yes he was all smiles and wants to go back already. The daughter is special needs so has a very short attention span and just will have a fit I’m used to it but other people look like what the hell is going on.

My apologies, I misunderstood the post of daughter. Cant quite relate to that, however my wife is paralyzed so I do get the extra needs things.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think my second rod n reel was all zebco. I might still have that one as well. I never really got rid of my fishing poles I just kept accumulating more of them. I can only think of one I bought and don’t have anymore and I borrowed it to someone and they never returned it.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My wife didn't get to go fishing when she was younger because her father came from a fishing family and he got burnt out on it. She loves to go every chance we get. Need to go catch some new babies to grow in our 55 gallon. This large mouth she caught 2 years ago is getting way to big. LOL!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks brad and fuzz! Dave I have not ever heard of that one I will keep it in mind though. Randy my boy wanted to bring the first fish back home I told him no and that if he let it go it would grow up and he could catch it again when it’s bigger. He found some minnows earlier this summer and put them in a container when he stayed with a friend and they got sent home with me. I talked him into putting them in one of my coworkers stock tanks to help keep it clean. They all died during the car ride but he said they were sleeping cause they were tired from playing and he put them in the tank anyway. We were there yesterday and he checked and couldn’t find them so he said the cows ate them.