Fishing at Ronnie’s

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Was that Ronnie Russell’s personal stocked pond…….???
It actually belonged to the man that lived in the big house you can see behind me in the distance. He sold Ronnie his house and probably 2 acres with fishing privileges. The lake as we’ll call it was less than a 100 yds. from Ronnie’s house and between the land owners house. He had a two person plastic boat that we would drag down to the lake behind a golf cart, throw a battery and a trolling motor on it and go fish! This is a 9 pounder Ronnie caught on the land owners side of the lake.309BD688-0082-45B4-A716-74EDF438DDED.jpeg

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It actually belonged to the man that lived in the big house you can see behind me in the distance. He sold Ronnie his house and probably 2 acres with fishing privileges. The lake as we’ll call it was less than a 100 yds. from Ronnie’s house and between the land owners house. He had a two person plastic boat that we would drag down to the lake behind a golf cart, throw a battery and a trolling motor on it and go fish! This is a 9 pounder Ronnie caught on the land owners side of the lake.View attachment 115287

Big sob...

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I miss Ronnie :(. Dang that's a large bass!

The wife and I are currently renovating a 30 year old house that sits in a subdivision in the city limits on a small 7 acre lake. So now I have a dock to fish off of with the grand kids :). So far we've caught some very small spotted bass and one crappie. I know there are catfish in there as well. It's a "catch and release" deal except for the catfish over 2-3 pounds, which I assume the HOA wants to curtail...