For those that want a challenge

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A friend of mine had a 69 or 70 Ford Fairlane with a 428 and a 4 spd. all black with the little hub caps. I never thought those Ford big block cars were very fast but I sure thought this car was cool I bet it would be worth some coin now.

Mark

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That thing is beat to hell
I disagree, I have been looking for one for awhile now. By chance I saw it on here first. Its in great shape as far as projects go for this specific type of car. There are way worse examples to be had. My only complaint would be the lack of interior and automatic trans. You don't just buy parts for these because they are rare. As soon as I saw the grill with the gun sight in it I had to have one. If it were a 4 speed car it would be in my drive way now because I know where the interior pieces can be had. There is way more floor there than most of the Cyclones I have went to look at. There is one done at Gateway motors for $50,000. These things are worth some money unlike my 1961 Ford Econoline truck. 20180522_184013.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
Something like that car came into a local junkyard about 5+ years ago, a real mess! Full of big nut like things. The tail lights look familiar. Anyway, I got lots of good parts from it but one of the best was a neat looking in dash tach it had. (ribbon tach?) I got $400 on ebay for just that. Ah, the good old days...

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That thing will definitely challenge your body work ability for a LONG time and thats not mentioning the motor in the front seat!! Lol

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That thing will definitely challenge your body work ability for a LONG time and thats not mentioning the motor in the front seat!! Lol

Yeah but think of the day you get the second motor secured and the car restored to its full capacity or just a rat rod and the way the car sits now you are already there and how many people can say they have their choice of motors they can run on any given day?:D

Mark