For you old guys

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
WAY before my time, but I pine for ALL that. Much of my favorite stuff is from that era.

roger c

Well Known Member
My first date was taking a girl to see the movie Rock Around the Clock with Bill Haley & the Comets

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Grandpa\'s 1st girlfriend April 1961( TERRY SMITH).jpg I went to the back seat of my 1951 F*rd on my 1st date.:love:love:no:pop
second date was in my '54 Chevy Bel-Air . My 3rd was in my '56 Fo*d

:crazy:dance:cheers

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When I was younger and had no sense, I used to J-off all the time... Now I'm older and have more sense, I use a knot hole in the fence...

Bill

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I pulled into my favorite parking spot with my girlfriend one night (now my wife) and asked her if she would like to get in the back seat !!!!!!
She said ----- NO ---- I would rather ride up here with you !!! It has always been hard to get ahead of her.
Ken

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Been there done that , 20 year's old in 1963 . I bought my first new 1963 impala ss black on black , 327 4 speed , after that came a new 1964 imp ss 409 4 speed palomar red , silver interior posi. I remember cruising , racing with beach boy's 409 record and many more artist's be came popular in that time frame ,and wolfman jack driving home late at night,seemed to get far away station he was on , and koma out of oklalahoma city, ok ,which they played rock and roll in those day's. yeah those were the day's. my son told me i was lucky to be a teenager in that era. maybe that's why i thought i needed another 1963 , same as i had in those good old day's lol.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
KOMA Oklahoma City must have been a powerfull station. We heard it in Montana evenings/nights.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
supposedly , they turned up the power towards evening 6.00 pm?? cause you could not get it in the daytime , at least in my area.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
More than likley it had do do with the fact that we were listening to AM radio back then.AM signals will travel further at night.I did hear that the F.C.C . did allow some stations to "crank up"the power at night.In n.Alabama,the favorite station was WFLS out Chi town.