Fred Totten

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bo. Glad you made it over to see our man Fred. My daughter is a nurse. I'll see if we could hook up Pepsi to his I.V. That shouldn't get us in much trouble, Eh?? Bob

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A set back for Fred

I got the news yesterday that they put Fred back in a drug induced coma and on a ventalator. His blood gasses aren't good. Denny got a call from his brother with the news. We will keep him in are thoughts and prayers. Bo

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Letters to Fred

If anyone wants to send Fred a card or anything else , here is his mailing address at the hospital:

Fred Totten
C/O
Middletown Regional Hospital
105 McKnight Drive
Middletown, OH 45044-4898

Fred is in the ICU Unit. Room 7.

It would be a great way to also send a picture of you and your car or other pictures that can be displayed for Fred to see when he wakes again!!

,,,dq

Thank John for the address,,

StageRt

Monday Update

Here's the latest on Fred. On Saturday Dr. Vuong decided Fred wasn't making any progress off the Ventilator. She told Fred they wanted to put him back on it. Needless to say, Fred wasn't happy about this. They re-sedated him and put the ventilator back in. This morning Kenna, Fred's daughter, was called. She was on her way in anyhow.
They wanted permission to do a Tracheotomy. Kenna called me and we discussed it. She went straight in to the hospital and talked to Dr. Vuong in person. The DR. assured Kenna that this was a procedure they needed to do for Fred's benefit. It was not something to just prolong his time but a real step to get him on the way to as full a recovery as he can expect.
Kenna called me again this afternoon and said Fred came through the operation very well. His breathing was no longer labored and the staff was encouraged by the results.
Now if any of you know somebody who has survived with a Tracheotomy you know this is not an impossibility at all. My wife has a former sister-in-law who had to have one after a car wreck when she was a very young woman.
Since that time she has gone on to a full, productive life including giving birth to her children. Andrea never could get back off the Tracheotomy but that doesn't stop her. She even learned how to talk without having to put her finger over the opening.
I'm not sure how Fred is going to react to this. I know he told the Dr. that he was scared if they put him back under he might not come back. Dr. Vuong assured him that "you'll be back."
He is still heavily sedated so if any one is planning on visiting, call 1st and check with the staff to see if they've brought him out yet. That's supposed to happen later this week. We've all got our fingers crossed and prayers are appreciated.
John

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
John,
Ofcourse our prayers are with Fred and also with you and your family. What a tough time for all of you. There isn't a moment during the day that you are not in our thoughts. I know the we speak for every one on this site, if there is anything we can do all you have to do is say the word we are all here for you.

Tony and Bonnie Salins

pauls63409

Supporting Member 1
I really don't know who Fred is, but he is obviously well liked and well respected.
I will keep him in my prayers.

StageRt

Fred

This morning at 1130 Fred asked to have the life support systems shut down. At this time he's still holding on. He's still pretty tough. The doctors really didn't expect him to last this long.
Any future plans are, of course, in limbo until this situation resolves itself.
Thank you to all for your prayers and support. It's time to let Fred go home to his beloved Verna.:cry

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's not what we were hoping to hear but Fred is demonstrating that he is still in the drivers's seat . I can only respect him all the more for wanting to control the time and place of his passing. I only hope I can be that strong when the time comes.

:clap :bow

StageRt

Fred

Shortly after 8:00 pm Fred Totten finished his last race. No Red Lights, no fouls.
Thank you all for your kindness and friendships.
He'll be missed.
John Totten:cry

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Our hearts go out to both Fred's family and also to our fellow members. He will be missed. Bob

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
John,it's so sad to here Fred is gone,he was a good Man and would do anything to help his fellow Man,he will be missed :cry Jim and Sue

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I can't express the sense of loss I feel. God's peace Fred. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Fred's family and freinds lost a good person today , a wealth of information and a ton of great stories . :hug Two years was not enough time to have known him ! :cry

We will miss you !! You are in the hands of God now.

Denny & Deb

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Goodbye to a special Man and good friend.

My condolences to the Totten family. We will all miss not being able to talk to Fred in person or through this forum.

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Goodbye My Friend

For Freds family and friends our thoughts are with you. He called me his friend, I was a lucky man. Bo