Fred Totten

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just got off the phone with Donnie Elam , Fred's long time freind , the news was not good . Fred is in the hospital in critical condition. I spoke with Fred yesterday & he was feeling pretty bad .

I don't know too much at this time and will keep you all posted as i know something.

If your a beleiver or not now is a good time to say a prayer for a very fine man that needs some devine intervention !!!!!!! :bow

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fred's a guy that really deserves our thoughts and prayers. You won't find a better motor head anywhere. He's in the pits now but I hope he's back in the staging lanes rael soon. Region Rat

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bad news for sure. Freds got lots of friends pulling for him and we all hope things turn out okay.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I just spoke with Fred's stepdaughter a few minutes ago & feel compelled to give everybody an update. He is in a critical care unit and they have him in an induced coma. He is on a ventilator & will be that way for 1 or more days.

He is suffering from a lung disease called COPD [ Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ] Not sure of all the ins & outs but it is not good !!!! :cry

I'm sure i will get an update tomorrow & will keep you all informed !

Keep your prayers going he needs them & we need him !!!! :hug

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred

Sorry to hear the news Denny.... :cry We are praying that Fred will be back to "rowing" the gears soon. He's a one-of-a-kind, thoughtful guy. :hug

Our thoughts and prayers,

Jim & Sharon Miller

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thank you Denny, you are a good friend. I am pulling for Fred here in Ohio. I don't pray much and don't pray for myself. I asked for help for Fred tonite.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
I hope Fred pulls out of this. There couldn't be a nicer 409 motorhead than Fred. Get Well Fred. We need you back banging them gears at Clay City next year.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don't know Fred personally, as many of you do. I only know him to some extent through the posts listed here. I always look forward to his discussions on this forum.

I sincerely hope and pray that he will have a full recovery.

"Life is Fragile...Handle with Prayer."

RCE1962

Ron

Although I've spoken with Fred a number of times on the phone and through numerous Emails, I haven't had the privilage of meeting him in person, but I would sure like to.
I am praying for you, Fred.

Aubrey

bobs409

Administrator
I'm at a loss for words myself. While I've never actually met Fred, I feel as though I know him from the many years he's been part of this site. 1998 or so I think? :clap

Your in my thoughts Fred. Looks like you have a whole team here that are all pulling for you.

Get well soon to one of our most loyal and respected members! :bow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I to have enjoyed Fred's posts and humor so I hope that Denny has an opportunity to wish him well from everyone

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I met fred at clay city in june and we talked as if we had know each other for years.He is a real racer and a 409 guy.He will be in my thoughts.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The last few days for me have been really screwed up.
then I log on today and see this.

My problems now seem minimal.

Fred is one of the nices, kindest people I`ve ever met and a true friend.
I will be thinking about him and hoping for the best.

I`m like Ray and will say a prayer for my friend Fred,,,,,dq