Friday the 13th was a lucky day !

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
black cat

I own 2 black cars both pre war Fords, they're straight, but your 62 is killer.

the old adage still stands.

Paint Red to please everyone else, paint it Black to please yourself.:cool::cool::cool:

great job.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
She pops!

Kevin, after all that work you put into the restructuring of that vehicle, you've got to feel accomplished about where you are right now. And now the fun begins as you add on more pieces of the puzzle. I was lucky and had another '62 nearby that I could use for reference whenever I got stuck or out of sequence.

I'd be interested in knowing how the paint was done. Was the front clip and the trunk lid done separately, or was she done assembled? I suspect there was a lot of assemble/disassemble, block, assemble, block again, then shoot the base color. I am assuming this is a Base Coat/Clear Coat paint application?

She really looks great, I know how hard it is to get them that straight :). In my case, it's more like impossible!

Cheers on your accomplishments, we know the rest will get done with the same care as she has received already!

TomK

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I brought it up with doors and fenders on roughly aligned. He realigned the doors and painted the car with the doors on but not fenders. He installed and aligned the fenders after. The fenders, hood, and trunk lid were off. It is base coat clear coat then sanded and buffed after.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
:D That makes me want to use black when I paint the Apache in the Fall. Very very nice.:bow

Hey Derry, Here is a picture that might help. It's my wifes '59 Apache from back in the day.:crazy:cheers

Attachments

• 08-16-2010 01;18;41pm.jpg
    08-16-2010 01;18;41pm.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 53

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very nice Kurg- does it look as good in person? It looks perfect in pics.

Don

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey NATE, My wife was the one who took the picture. I was in the garage under the '57. If I remember right we stalked each other for years before we hooked up in 1972. Best move I ever made :D 38 years later and she still loves me !!!:love:love

:crazy:cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Absolutely STUNNING Kevin!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

I have a friend who had a body shop back in Kentucky. He had an African American customer come in who wanted his car painted black. Jerry showed him the paint chips and he said they weren't black enough...............He wanted the "dark black"!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap I've used that term ever since!!!!

If I was ever to be appointed the Grand Poobah of this country.............my first "decision" would be ALL cars would be painted black!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:bow:bow:bow

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Phil, I'll tell 'ya how I feel about Black cars......I absolutely love them..........as long as other people own them! I've had some slick black painted cars and they are too much of a pain in the *** to maintain but they do look good when clean, which is about 2 hours!