from a time less confused

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
20180531_190044.jpg
From our Quail hunting trip this is from a great pub called the WhiteHorse Hotel, in Becks,
The Owners Gary and Karen are in no way politically correct
They see this as being in a time when a Fag was a cigarette
Who in their right mind would have thought it would ever change:lmao

Steve

Junky

Well Known Member
The ashtray is a perfect example of the flip flops in todays society. Smoking is out, and fags are the new normal. I am not homophobic, but I am an observer of changing times, sometimes for the better, and other times not so much. I used to think about the changes my mother and father saw during their lifetime, being that they were born at the beginning of the last century. I am now starting to reflect on the changes that I have seen during my lifetime, and wonder what the next 50 years will bring. We already have self driving cars, and following that reasoning, if someone were to tell you to go F yourself, in the coming years, it might just be possible!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
sorry for the upcoming blurb guys

i really hate it when some one or group of some ones decides that they need to take control of a word or phrase and make it theirs

As above im not homophobic and have close relatives that are gay that i still care for dearly

My issue is with the word "gay"as i used it above
as a child to be gay was to be happy and enjoy life
Fred and wilma flintstone used to have a "Gay old time". What would they have now? "A jolly good old time"
Why can the word not still have its original use?
Why does it have to be destroyed by a minority's decision to use it in a different way?
We had "Gaytime" brand icecream cones, now they dont exist
We now have TV adverts over here telling us that we should not use the word Gay as a derogatory word or statement.
Like telling your buddy "don't be gay" when he decides that he wants to paint his impala pink.
The slogan on the tv now says "if it's not Gay then its not Gay" WTF

Why have they chosen to be the "rainbow community" i like rainbows!
Would love to find the pot of gold at the end of one (or has that even been replaced by a pot of something else"
I think of rainbows when i see them of how they are made, with sun light and refraction etc and it takes me back to school and science class when things were so much more black and white.
Now my daughter thinks of non straight sexually orientated people when she sees a rainbow.

This shit just isnt right

As above

Sorry

Steve

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
sorry for the upcoming blurb guys

i really hate it when some one or group of some ones decides that they need to take control of a word or phrase and make it theirs

As above im not homophobic and have close relatives that are gay that i still care for dearly

My issue is with the word "gay"as i used it above
as a child to be gay was to be happy and enjoy life
Fred and wilma flintstone used to have a "Gay old time". What would they have now? "A jolly good old time"
Why can the word not still have its original use?
Why does it have to be destroyed by a minority's decision to use it in a different way?
We had "Gaytime" brand icecream cones, now they dont exist
We now have TV adverts over here telling us that we should not use the word Gay as a derogatory word or statement.
Like telling your buddy "don't be gay" when he decides that he wants to paint his impala pink.
The slogan on the tv now says "if it's not Gay then its not Gay" WTF

Why have they chosen to be the "rainbow community" i like rainbows!
Would love to find the pot of gold at the end of one (or has that even been replaced by a pot of something else"
I think of rainbows when i see them of how they are made, with sun light and refraction etc and it takes me back to school and science class when things were so much more black and white.
Now my daughter thinks of non straight sexually orientated people when she sees a rainbow.

This shit just isnt right

As above

Sorry

Steve

Try living with the name Dick.