Front fender edge trim retainers

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Starting to put a little trim back on the fenders . There is a sheet metal clip/stud on the top and what looks like some plastic retainer clip at the bottom in the groves that has no "nub" left on to tell what it looks like that pops in a hole in the fender. What do they look like and are they available?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Found the plastic ones in ShowCars, have not seen the metal ones. I think I can clean the threads up some as the little stud is rusty.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Got a Picture? I'm not sure, what piece you mean. :dunnoThere's a filler panel, on the front inside, and there's the moulding, that goes around the fender.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Here is the molding and broken plastic clip and rusty metal clip.

I also found these two pieces of rubber udder the rear seat when I popped it out , not sure if they were there to prevent squeaks or just shoved there. can;t tell what they are either. Don'DSC_0099.JPG DSC_0100.JPG t remember having those on my previous car

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The rubber strips look like the vertical seals between the quarter windows and the door windows. As long as you are working on an Impala.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
They looked like some kind of seals to me just was not sure what the heck they were doing down there.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Skip: I found an old eyebrow molding. It has the same pink colored, plastic clip. Mine has a little more plastic, but is broken, just the same.:doh Don't really know, what keeps it tight, in the fender? I do recall breaking it, when I removed the molding from the fender, many years ago.:dunno I don't remember getting them, with the new Crappy Chinese Moldings. Studs came with them, BUT the moldings didn't fit the fenders correctly. Another Crap shoot.:bang

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Yea repop stuff is a crap shoot for sure.

The plastic clips look like the Showcar ones so I'll give them a try and then try and get the rust off the little stud on the metal clip and find a nut to fit it.