FRUIT CAKE

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I love fruit cake. Decades ago my Mom would always mail me some when I was in the military this time of year. I don't think I've had any for many years now. My wife thinks I'm crazy liking this stuff. Seems like I don't see it around much anymore. Is it me, or is fruit cake still big, just seems like I don't really notice it at stores any more, maybe because I avoid going to stores anyway:doh
Now you guys that thought this may have been about some fag shxt can get your minds out of the gutter,

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
My wife makes about a dozen of them this time of the year for gifts. I am the only one in our house that likes it.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I love fruit cake. Decades ago my Mom would always mail me some when I was in the military this time of year. I don't think I've had any for many years now. My wife thinks I'm crazy liking this stuff. Seems like I don't see it around much anymore. Is it me, or is fruit cake still big, just seems like I don't really notice it at stores any more, maybe because I avoid going to stores anyway:doh
Now you guys that thought this may have been about some fag shxt can get your minds out of the gutter,

Southern States
12201099.jpg

Mikes says "Now you guys that thought this may have been about some fag shxt can get your minds out of the gutter."

Frankly, I thought this thread was about Phil or Butch!

:roll

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
My mother usually makes it, but the folks are in Florida for the winter. Might have to buy some.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I saw a show last year and Don Imus said there is a bakery in Texas I think, he say's their fruit cake is the best?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Make good wheel stops in the garage. Takes about a year for the mice to make them dissapear.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had some the other day for the first time. It was an old Irish recipe made with.........wait for it..........................Whiskey! I thought it pretty damn good.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Never could understand why fruit cakes are a source for jokes, I love good fruit cake. My mother used to make fruit cakes every year. She would make the cakes in Oct. , kept them in the cellar, wraped in cheese cloth, poured wine over them once a week until Christmas. Man, that was good stuff

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Never could understand why fruit cakes are a source for jokes, I love good fruit cake. My mother used to make fruit cakes every year. She would make the cakes in Oct. , kept them in the cellar, wraped in cheese cloth, poured wine over them once a week until Christmas. Man, that was good stuff
That's the way my dad used to make only he used brandy to soak them with.