fuel injection anyone seen one ever ?

runners406

anyone ever seen a mechanical fuel injection manifold for a 409 ? just wondering ? any responces would be cool look for my follow up post after i get responces i think you will all be amazed ok bye jerry :)

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Seen one

I've been in the presence of an Algon fuelie mechanical setup (complete, in three boxes). I passed on the offer to acquire it, but have always been interested since then.

Best,
TomK

strangebrew

I met a guy named Bill Hudson at Havana dragway in '73 or '74 that had an Algon injected 409 FED and he had an extra injector setup that he wanted 150 bucks for.....:bang

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I also had one. I had the intake, injectors, velocity stacks, cam driven pump and timing chain cover. I got it when I bought a 64 SS that was being made into a gaser. Back in 1979 I was in a custody fight for my childern and sold the fuel injection and 8 Mickey Thompson aluminium rods and 8 Jahns pistons for $1,000 to retain a lawer. Yes, I wish I could have gotten the money some other way... The 64 SS is a story for another time.

Tony

sdb348

Algno injector

I have one on a .125 over 11 to 1 348. I put a MSD 7600 coil per cylender setup on it .have it running on the frame.i'm still tinkering with the ignition & fuel set up. I could use some imput on settings .It does scream like a rapped ape. I hope it does good on the strip

boylunde

Bidding???

Yep I am, And I'm willing to go pretty high.
Trying to finish a car that's taken way too long.
I had purchased an injection unit from Mooneyes 2 years ago that ran 6 of the fake Strombergs, and finally sent it back for a refund since they couldn't get me a computer or tech help.
I figure I now deserve this one (LOL)

boylunde

I did not win the auction. I had to run to town for honey-do's and thought I'd be back in time. I should have bid before leaving. So you've horded 3 of these?
I am definitly interested in one. I don't have any lagre port heads to match, but I'm thinking of getting a set of the new alum offerings.
I also would be in need of someone to convert the unit to electronic.
Let me know
Kurt