fuse block

409impala1

after many hours of scratching my head I finally figured out that the power issues for tail lights, dash lights, courtesy lights, etc were from a corroded fuse block, had power on the fuses but no transfer to the wires. Now , how do I replace the faulty fuseblock and keep the wires. it is on the places where the fuses snap in.:?:?:?:dunno:dunno:dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Mark:
I wouldn't reccommend spending that kind of money to repair the fuse block because you still have 47 year old wires in the rest of the car. I can check for you tomorrow but I think the whole new under dash harness.......with a NEW fuse block is around $330. It's your $330 and my 02 cents!!!!
I can let you know if you want.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The plug on the back of the box going through the fire wall seems to be an issue with our old cars,,, just make sure that it is pushed in and tight,,
Common problem,, somewhat of an easy fix,, wiggle,,,push,, wiggle,, wiggle:cool:

62409wagon

Well Known Member
I agree 40yo wires - cheap insurance just to replace with new wireing, not that hard of a job, everything just plugs in.. just my 2 cents iv done 12 or more complete harneses. if your near ct I can help :cheers

409impala1

fixed

scrounged around and found another fuse block from a 63 and dismantled it and got it working, still do not have brake lights on the left side:dunno
need to put in a new turn switch as I don't have turn signals either, but took it on a 60 mile cruise last night and it was a butt ton of fun.