FYI to all

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Today I received a phone call from Brad at ShowCars. He told me that they no longer wish to do business with me because of a post I made on this forum !! :takethat

I told him that was just fine with me, just cancel my order. He told me that he would file a suite against me and others on the 348-409 website for slander.

My comment in the earlier post was: "I ordered parts today from ShowCars they told me it would be 10-15 days to ship. What's up with that ????"

I told them I looked forward to hearing from them...

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
hah!

I'd like to see the lawyer who'd take that case, much less a judge who would hear it.

The customer has the right to ask questions.

The customer is always right.

The customer has the money.

Don't fret the small stuff.

Phil Reed WILL take care of the customer.

:cool:

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
To hell with them. If they conducted their business honorably,they would NEVER have the bad publicity thet they are experiencing. This isn't the only site I have seen adverse comments about Showcars. I have heard dicouraging words about them at car shows too. Mostly about high price,low quality and most of all shoddy treatment by them when it comes to customer relations. I don't need a house to fall on me. I will never buy anything from them.Who needs the attitude and the resulting aggravation.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Show Cars

I will say this, and this is all. I have had one or two somewhat bad experiences with them. But, last spring, when I needed a crank, they were Johnny on the spot. I would not have made it to Norwalk. Very fast shipment. Of course, the part was in stock. The few things I have needed, I generaly have had no problems. Biggest problem was several years ago, when they shipped the erong pump drive rod, and we didn't catch it untill firing the motor, and no oil pressure. Of course the engine had to come back out to get the correct rod in it. Other than that, I haven't had trouble. But I haven't ordered a lot of parts, either. Does seem that what I have ordered, they have in stock.
They might be in a money crunch at this time. A lot of times that causes you to lower stock inventory.
Not making excuses or sucking up. Just another view point.

Fred

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
nuts, if these guys really think they have a leg to stand on and go forward with with this ridiculous threat I for one would be in favor of doanating to a defense fund for attorney fees. lets stick together and help a brother out!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Guys, this is why we have a no vendor bashing policy in effect. I know alot of times, it's just a way to vent but we need to respect everyone that visits. I've had troubles with some businesses (not Showcars) at times and it can be highly frustrating so I do understand. I must ask that we no longer make these kinds of comments publically so we keep things peaceful. Please use e-mail or private messaging from now on if you would like to swap vendor stories.

Below is an exert from our FAQ:

Vendor Bashing:

Vendor bashing is not something we like to see here. We all have had bad experiences with a business or two at some point. Some make good for their mistakes, some don't but please do not continually bash a vendor on our forum.

It is acceptable to speak of your experience (if asked) for the benefit of others as long as it doesn't go too far.

Posts that have strong or repeated vendor bashing may be subject to editing or removal by the administration.

*Note that some of the vendors we commonly deal with in our hobby are visitors and/or financial contributors of 348-409.com and deserve the same courteous treatment that everyone else gets.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've gotten quite a bit of stuff from Showcars over the years and can't remember ever having a problem. And before this site was here I used to carry their catalog with a list of parts numbers with me to the swap meets so that I'd know a 690 from a 333. Plus I also apreciate that they attended and helped sponsor the convention. So I'm willing to cut them a little slack if they get defensive about some of the complaints. I don't think the comment Nuts made was at all bad. But I think they probably just feel that every time they make a mistake they'll read about it and yet guys like me who are satisfied customers seldom say anything. :dunno

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"guys like me who are satisfied customers seldom say anything"

I agree with Jim, I usually stay out of these type of threads but I feel compelled to comment on this. Show Cars, in my opinon is a great vendor, as is Phil Reed and others. I buy from several different vendors and I guess I've been lucky but I haven't had a bad experence with any of them. I'll admit that it seems that when I really need a part, sometimes some of the vendors don't ship as quickly as I'd like.

Actually, I have a pretty large order worked up and ready to call in for Show Cars next week. :cheers

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
just got

I ordered a damper and timing tab on line from them on Monday. It arrived on Saturday. Quality for the price looks quite good. Maybe LESS input when ordering is the key to MY success with them.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Clarification - Please !!!

All,

Just to clarify... I had never had any real significant issues with ShowCars prior to this either. In fact I've order hundreds of dollars in parts from them over the past year or so. Apparently my comments just hit a sore spot with them and that's fine. It certainly was no problem to find another ventor for the parts ordered.

I, in no way, intented to link Phil Reed into this matter or indicate he was involved in any way. Phil Reed has been a real source of information and help many times. I respect his knowledge of the 348/409 motors and even made a point of stopping by his shop during a recent visit to KC what a great guy to visit with.

This is an unfortunate misunderstanding between myself and ShowCars which is best put to rest as requested by Bob.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Last weeks price on Comp. cams custom grind cam--- $149 Todays price $155 Four weeks ago price of Cloyes 9-3101 timing gear set $90 Todays price $120 ( Summit prices) When is it gonna level off? Building my last---- things are getting " out of hand".

From the number of people here, and on other web sites that have S@it Cars as a supplier, you shouldn't have any issues with witnesses on your side, for sure.

Now, Shi@ Cars doesn't really seem to have one part and/or product that a person can't find from a different source if they just search for it, most for less and shipped sooner, and ordered from nicer people than them.

And, Brad, for the record, and not an ad here, I do HEI and MSD trigger conversions to distributors, and have the patents to enforce my inventions/products.

if I EVER see you offer a ripoff product of the type I build, violating any or all of my patents, I WILL take the time to come there and physically drag you directly into court. Bet your farm on it, and see what happens next.

Brad, your reptutation in the aftermarket auto parts business certainly isn't something to be proud of. MANY have reported being burned, overcharged, long wait periods, parts available other places that you sell only reboxed and overpriced, etc. You ain't got nothin' I want from your place, for sure, MY CHOICE.

If you had ever contacted me to offer/sell my conversions, I would have told you to go directly to hel@, simply because of S@it Cars rotten reputation, as reported by your own burned by you customers.

Now, if you take issue with this post, respond here, not by personal e/mail to me, because if you e/mail me, I will post it on this site in one fast heartbeat, because I feel the good people on this site should know just what is going on, with you and the site, and with no bull pulled.

Nuts, speculation here, but I figure Shi@ Cars 14 day lead time is because they just don't stock stuff for sale, and have to have it shipped to them, or drop shipped from the manufacturer/distributor. Anyone really want to buy from a dealer that operates that way, I don't.

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been dealing with Showcars for about 5 years. I have bought almost all my 409 related parts from them ($5,000 to $10,000) and I have always received prompt courteous service from them and yes I have received parts which are incorrect or ordered wrong by myself. I have always been able to work out the problems and resolve the issues. I have ordered parts from about all of the vendors which handle parts for the 58-64 cars and have received wrong and/or defective parts from all of them. I have yet to find one who is not willing to correct the problem. Just to let people know that everyone does not have a problem with Showcars.

Poocho Whitmire

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
To clearify my post. I buy from Jegs, Summit and Showcars. My comment was addressing the fact that 348-409 parts in general are escalating and soon the general public wont be able to afford them. Sad but true.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
vender bashing.

I suppose you could make people aware of problems with certain venders without being nasty. :nono1:

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie Russell said:
To clearify my post. I buy from Jegs, Summit and Showcars. My comment was addressing the fact that 348-409 parts in general are escalating and soon the general public wont be able to afford them. Sad but true.
What do you mean " SOON".
That's one of the things that make this group special. The parts industry knows that they have us. We can't go just anywhere for the things we need and if you stop buying from them, they close their doors or stop handling the part. Who wins, NOBODY.
Now, I've said enough. I'll be taking my medication now.
I'm off to happyland. :roll :roll :roll