Fyi

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
In my experience the biggest tire width you can get in the 60 Chevy wheelhouse when using 2.5" exhaust is a 2.75/60/15" Check the BF Goodrich site for tire specks. Rim is 15x8" with a 3.25 or so backspace. When putting the driver side tire on the panhard bar pushes the rearend toward the fender lip making it very hard to put the tire up into the wheelhouse. I had to deflate the tire for this task. Next tire change I will remove the panhard bar so it will not move the rear around. The pass side tire slipped right on. I had to grind a muffler clamp U bolt for clearance on one side. If I had to do it over again I would have stuck with the 255/60s! :doh

Hobart

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the tip, it's great to share this kind of info that may help someone else out.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just left the garage. Because I can, I put the 60 up on the rack and damn near dropped the rear out of the car to see if I could make it easy to remove the tires. I removed the track bar and dissconnected the shocks then let the rear down untill it hit the driveshaft. Nope, the driver side tire is still a ***** to remove. You would have to disconnect the driveshaft and let the rear end down far enough to completely expose the tire from the wheelhouse so you could slide it straight out. God I hope I never get a flat tire on the road that cannot be plugged! I wouldn't mess with this but once you buy the tires and remove them from the store, they are yours. After they are on they look great.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Pictures?????

Also,, If you relocate the panhard bar so it is as close to level as posible you will not see as much movement on the rearend as the body goes up and down.
This is how you set up one for cars/trucks with air bags so when you slam it down the tires stay closer to the center where they belong.
As you raise the car/truck the geometry stays the same,, or very close to it,, dq

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just left the garage. Because I can, I put the 60 up on the rack and damn near dropped the rear out of the car to see if I could make it easy to remove the tires. I removed the track bar and dissconnected the shocks then let the rear down untill it hit the driveshaft. Nope, the driver side tire is still a ***** to remove. You would have to disconnect the driveshaft and let the rear end down far enough to completely expose the tire from the wheelhouse so you could slide it straight out. God I hope I never get a flat tire on the road that cannot be plugged! I wouldn't mess with this but once you buy the tires and remove them from the store, they are yours. After they are on they look great.

This is how I remove mine. I have a 5" backspace on a 9.5" rim with 11.4" cross section on the tire. I also have an adjustable panhard bar.