Gas .99 cents a gallon in Kentucky

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So tell me how come there is such a disparity in prices in different states? I know some taxes are higher/lower but if you factor out the taxes the prices are still very different. Doesn't really make sense, It seems the smaller markets are priced lower then the big markets.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They claim in California its the formulation for the states gas. Ok, so that may add a small amount. Base crude comes from the same place. California doesn't have special oil to refine. Then in CA they claim maintenance times and formulation changed times. Still doesn't add up. I think liberals just like to pay more for things. Things like organic stores etc. They claim they are saving the planet as they get into their big cars with their fancy plastic bottled water on their way to the airport to take flights to vacations. But they FEEL like they are doing something so I guess that is all that matters.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They claim in California its the formulation for the states gas. Ok, so that may add a small amount. Base crude comes from the same place. California doesn't have special oil to refine. Then in CA they claim maintenance times and formulation changed times. Still doesn't add up. I think liberals just like to pay more for things. Things like organic stores etc. They claim they are saving the planet as they get into their big cars with their fancy plastic bottled water on their way to the airport to take flights to vacations. But they FEEL like they are doing something so I guess that is all that matters.

None of what you say holds water relative to the gas price disparity. As example the western Arizona gas stations are serviced from SoCalif. I was at a gas station about 30 miles or so from the border with Az. I decided to drive to Az to fill up and the gas there was about 20 cents/gal less yet I followed the gas tanker from the Calif station to the Az station and they delivered fuel there, same gas from same Calif refinery. I would venture to say that demand is so high in SoCalif that the oil companies charge way more becasue they know we have no other choice. BUT what I don't understand is everyone in the country is at their mercy so why do they let the small markets get away with much lower prices?

bobs409

Administrator
It's irritating! The way many things are run in this country really boils my behind. My state of PA has very high gas taxes supposedly for road and bridge repair but you should see the roads I drive on! It's ridiculous! If they do repair anything it's done the cheapest way possible. They even tacked on $5 bucks to the car registrations like we didn't pay enough already!

Then they let the state police pilfer 4.5 million from it. Who ok'd that?????? Will they pay it back?????? Will these taxes be lowered or removed when all the bridges have been repaired? Yeah, don't bother answering those, I already know. I'm sure someones pocket is getting lined with some too. Probably that bastard democrat governor tom wolf. (notice I did not capitalize it, he gets no respect from me!) I'm sure as I type this, he's coming up with new ways to steal even more money from us! :angry

I better stop now. :splat

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
In the County that I live in if you have multiple cars like I have and you don't buy license plates for them all and maybe down the road you decide to renew the plates on one if its been like two months after the plates were due for renewal they'll slap a $20 late fee on you and the money goes to the Ohio State Highway Patrol and they don't even need the money they have all the money they need. If I have to pay a fine I would feel better if the money went to the Sheriff's dept. or our township police because they all desperately need the money. Town to my east are disbanding their police dept. because they can't afford to pay them and its a decent size town too.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
None of what you say holds water relative to the gas price disparity. As example the western Arizona gas stations are serviced from SoCalif. I was at a gas station about 30 miles or so from the border with Az. I decided to drive to Az to fill up and the gas there was about 20 cents/gal less yet I followed the gas tanker from the Calif station to the Az station and they delivered fuel there, same gas from same Calif refinery. I would venture to say that demand is so high in SoCalif that the oil companies charge way more becasue they know we have no other choice. BUT what I don't understand is everyone in the country is at their mercy so why do they let the small markets get away with much lower prices?

Hey Mike, I didn't say it did. I said they say it does. I do find it interesting that you say gas trucks are leaving Ca to service AZ though. My understanding was that no gas comes into, or leaves CA, that we are a gas island so to speak.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You can tell whos from Calif. down to $2.53 at select stations today. Still see people across the street putting gas at over $3.00