Gas Prices Are Becoming Mind Bogling

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey guys,just wandering what the gas prices are in your neck of the woods.? I live in Abingdon,Md. 25 miles north of Baltimore.Regular is about $3.15 for most sations.High test is $3.45. I worked yesterday in Upper Marlboro,Md.,just southeast of Washington DC.Regular was $3.27 a gallion.In Baltimore county I purchased gas this morning and bought some cheapo stuff,it was $3.08. How the prices fluctuate amazes me. John

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm in southeastern WI and the price for regular unleaded was $3.30 a gallon near my house this morning :doh

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
E-85 is the answer

This is only the beginning. Oil is over $100.00 per barrel and will only get more expensive. The dollar is denegrating quickly (thanks in part to Wall Mart) and you have to spend more dollars for gasoline. ALTERNATIVE: renewable energy, grown in the USA and sold in the USA. Good for us, good for America! Im converting my next "W" over to burn E-85. OH :doh and BTW, if you all read the horsepower on pump gas contests that HRM was writing about, the top 5 were all E-85 burners

Rock :brow

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree E-85 is the next big thing...shoot its already the next big thing. Jay Leno has been working on a number of projects hand-in-hand with GM relating to performance cars

goodbye sweet race gas smell. Hello sweet smell of popcorn :roll

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Gassed!!!!

Gas is $ 3.37 for regular, in our area. Can't wait for summer! There's gonna be alot more pain, at the pumps. What bother's me is, people complain about the high prices, but they still drive ten to fifteen mph over the speed limits? Conservation is the last thing, on people's minds. I motor along, in the slow lane, on the interstates, driving the speed limit, and their's always a parade following me, cause I'm going too slow. The faster we drive, the more gas we use, the more gas we need to buy. We are playing right into the oil companies hands. JMO Skip

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
$1 dogs in Chicago

Looks like I'll be eating $1 hot dogs all summer just to pump the good stuff into the 62 this summer.

ascamaro

reg, $3.43 Diesel $4.01 as of 12 noon, i have been watching it change by the hour here in florida. Spring breakers are down here so i expect it to go up even more.

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
e10 -e 85

3.26 this morning in charlotte nc as far as e -10 same price and iam burning that now e- 85 only 5 cent cheaper in charlotte new bio diesel same price as diesel here 4.03 credit 3.99 cash pleanty of problem in cold whether with bio diesel jellin up if you dont keep your truck running i defrosted about 3 disp this winter i though i was back in jersey
( tech pump and tank):dunno :dunno :dunno

BROOKLYNSS409

Well Known Member
E85 Info

http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php

What are the differences in an FFV compared to a regular gasoline-only model?
Are different parts used?

Response:

There is only one major additional part that is included on an FFV - the fuel sensor that detects the ethanol/gasoline ratio. A number of other parts on the FFV's fuel delivery system are modified so that they are ethanol compatible. The fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel injectors, computer system, anti-siphon device and dashboard gauges have been modified slightly. Alcohols are corrosive. Therefore, any part that comes in contact with the fuel has been upgraded to be tolerant to alcohol. Normally, these parts include a stainless steel fuel tank and Teflon-lined fuel hoses.

how would you handle carbs & gas tanks?

teflon or other coatings??

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob,I worked in Upper Marlboro on Thursday,Diesel Fuel on RT.301 near MIR Raceway was $4.23 a gallion. John

hotrod 409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Toronto, Canada fuel prices

Have to add our prices (Canadian $$$ is close to par with USA $$$) Unleaded regular $1.07 liter (X4= $4.28 US gallon). Diesel $1.35 liter (X4= $5.40 US gallon).
We have had speculation of regular gasoline @ $ 1.50 liter this summer (X4= $6.00 US gallon). Won't be much cruising this summer if it keeps up:mad:

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Europeans have been paying these kind of prices for years. The big difference is when we go for a drive we travel a couple of hundred miles. In Europe you would go through a couple of different countries. Gary bought three 55 gallon drums of menthnol yesterday and it was $2.30 a gallon but there were no road taxes on that. Ethenol is a product that burns much cooler than gas. It takes a lot more to make power so mileage is about 20% less than gas. The good thing is we can produce it here. You have to remember that the oil companies are very very big and very very rich. They have been and will continue to fight dirty to stop any wholesale turn to another source of energy. If you get a chance to see the documentary on the GM electric cars of about 20 years ago, it will let you see just how out and out devious the auto and oil companies are. There is technology right now to have electric cars that would run 200 miles on a charge. Just think of how far you drive each day and I think most of us drive less than that. If we drove electric on our commutes and only drove our 348-409's for pleasure we could save a lot of money and oil. The down factor is there is no grease factor in electric. By that I mean no oil changes, no tune ups, no emmisions controls to need maintenance, etc. That means most auto dealers couldn't stay in business because most of their profits are in the shop area. We need to somehow force car companies to build alternative cars that do not use oil as a form of energy. So called fuel cell energy cars are just a ploy by the oil companies to keep more of the same. There is no such thing as a free economy big companies get bigger and more ruthless as time goes by. Boy I have to get off my soap box.:cuss Roy

It's freakin sickening. Most of you are right, big oil...and G. PHLUCKIN BUSH!!! Anyone that can't see the connection is doing a cartoon ostrich impression. Simple solution is to buy as little as possible. Watch the end of the year when big oil brags about another record profit. The biggest in the history of corporate biz last year. Greed. Pure and simple greed. FWIW E-85 is NOT the answer. Just a new ploy to keep you looking the other way. Any drag racer knows the difference in volume needed to achieve the same HP. Gas =.5lbs/hr/HP, Alky = .9lbs/hr/HP. Factor in the raw mat'ls cost raising you grocery bill. That's happening right now as well, coupled with the expense of getting things to market. It's getting closer to the time to re-read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I think I'll end it there.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep, Supply and demand, OPEC, the Chineese have nothing to do with it. G.W. Bush ,,, all his fault, just like the hurricanes. Wished Bush would lower the cost of oil and stop messing with the violent weather, the World would be a better place. Only a few months left , then oil will drop and the winds will be calm.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Ronnie......... do you think Monica's boyfriends wife can stop any blowing???

:roll :roll :roll

(being a smart a$$)

Dave