Gin'y Mom Passing

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey guys, Giny and I would like to thank you all for a wonderful time at Thompson.

On a sad note..... Giny's Mom had passed away on Saturday morning while we were at the track. We didn't find out until Saturday evening and had to drive back to Long Island on Sunday to make all the arrangements for the funeral.
My mother- in- law was 104 years old. Her 105th birthday would have been on the 26th of June

:cry
:crazy:cheers

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm sorry to hear that. It's never easy to loose someone but with a life of 105 years there will be a lot to remember and celebrate.:hug

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:cryI'm truly sorry to hear of your loss.Please give Giny my condolences[you too.] It was truly great to meet y'all this pst weekend.:hug

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My condolences Butch,

But at 105, that's a pretty good innings, (cricket terminology). :bow

I hope I get that far, I'm only half way there. :pray

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Butch...... You and Giny have our condolences and you're family will be in our prayers.
We never know whats around the next bend !!!!
Ken..................

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
sorry for your loss, but it appears she sure had a good long life. jim

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Butch & Giny

Sorry to hear of your loss. So...she was around during World War I...The Great Depresssion...World War II...radio...television...and the list goes on!!!!

Today was the funeral for our 92 year old uncle. He was never married..but had lots of nephews and neices that cared alot about him. Like Giny's Mom...they beat the "actuarial tables" and have left us with lots of good memories. Our older folks had a way to "MacGyver" things to make life work. If they couldn't buy it in a store...or couldn't afford it....or didn't want to buy it....they would improvise.

Sidetracking....one of the "memories" of our uncle, was that his brother (army) in WWII supplied him with grenades as a quick and plentiful way to go fishing in the North Sea. Food was scarce.

Its never easy to end an "era".

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ron

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
this is very sad news and our thoughts are with them. Having also just lost a loved one I know the hurt that are feeling. Gav

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thank You all for your condolences and prayers. We had a pretty wet trip home as we were in all the rain that missed Thompson on Saturday 14 hours in driving rain wasn't fun. Everything went well yesterday for the wake and today for the burial. Now to go through 104 years of "STUFF " Thank You again!!!

:bow:hug

:crazy:cheers

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Butch

Sorry I missed this earlier... Linda and I both send our condolences and prayers for you and Ginny ...

Bill and Linda