Glad I found you!

Ricoh

Hello everyone - Just found this site while looking for info on 348's and 409's. I've been looking for the right 55 to 59 chev pickup for the last couple of months. Thought I'd just put a big block in it. Hadn't thought about a W block until I saw a couple at the Pomona swapmeet here in Ca. last month. Started going Hmmmm. In my youth I had a 60 Impala 2 door hardtop with a 348 with the factory 3 X 2 carbs with a 4 speed and a Hurst Competition Plus shifter. I sold that car and bought a brand new 65 Chevelle Malibu SS with a 350 horse 327 and a 4 speed. There has been a slew of cars since then but never had anything as cool as those two cars. But I digress - I haven't turned a wrench on a W block since I sold the 60 so I'll probably have hundreds of questions if and when I get one for the pickup. Anyway, thanks in advance for welcoming me to your realm.

Ricoh

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Ricoh, Glad you found us. Plenty of information here and many are always ready to help. Latch on to a 348 as soon as you can. Prices keep going up.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ricoh

A vintage truck with a 348 sounds like a good plan. Some threads here describe how to build them from "mild to wild". Hit the "search" button on the upper ribbon above.

Ron

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Ricoh,

Welcome to the party. I have a '55 Chevy pick up with a 348 in progress :doh very, very slow progress:roll