Good Guys- Fort Worth

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I know it's not drag racing, but we're coming down to the Good Guys event at Texas Motor Speedway next weekend. I'm going to bring my new old Biscayne out for the first time, and one of my friends is going to bring his Z-11 powered 62 Biscayne also. It should be a fun time, as I'm picking up four or five guys and their cars on our journey down through Texas. We are all staying at the track, and should do some serious bench racing and BSing. I hope anyone in the area can stop and say hello. Look for us.

dave in denver

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I would hope that Texas's own Ronnie would show up. Especially for the bs sessions:roll :roll
Robert

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Might have to take me a little trip to Ft. Worth next weekend. Dave's black 62 will be worth the trip. :)

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie
W head and my self were going to be there, but wayne had to cancell out, so I cancelled my resverations at the motel . Decided to go to super chevy maybe
drive over there and back in the same day

just my luck:mad: :mad:

Roger

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Sorry we missed you, here's a few pictures

I just got back to Denver this afternoon, and had a few pictures to share of my Black Biscayne and the car of my good friend from Amarillo, Bill Warrick. He has the Red 62 biscayne with the 63 Z-11 motor. He hasn't had it out in a long time, and I talked him into freshening it up a little, and bringing it down to fort Worth with us.

I had a great time,including running the Texas Motor speedway track, with my whole family in the car(seven of us).

282390805.jpg

282390808.jpg

282391298.jpg

282391301.jpg

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
looks/sounds like you guys had a great time! How was the show overall? Good turnout? Car looks great too with the hood on it!

J

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
We had an awesome time. On the way down from Amarillo, our caravan stopped in Quannah, Texas to visit Doug Worley's (Wolf Motors) collection of Chevy's, Mopars, Cushman's and everthing else a guy could want. Doug is a forum member and owns an old Ford dealership building in downtown Quannah, on Highway 287. It is full of great cars and memorabilia, including one beautiful and original red 409 Super Sport.

We got to see several members of the forum, and talk 409s for quite a while. While I was running the Texas Motor Speedway track, Bill got into a burnout contest with some of our friends from Colorado. I don't think the Good Guys people were too happy about it, but I hear it was a site to behold.

I took the caps off my dumps for the first time, and ran the track. I had run the Kansas Speedway before in my SS396 convertible, and I thought that was super, but the Texas track in a new 409, was at the top of the list. The sound a 409 makes at full throttle in the confines of the Speedway Bowl is beautiful music. I got lots of comments about the motor and the sites and sounds. I wish you all could have made the trip.

dave in denver

282390807.jpg