Got a cam recommendation, don't know what to think of it.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian,I think that I read that he's gong with Edelbrock heads.If so the added heat dispersion factor will be eqilivent to 1/2-1 point drop in compression ratio,plus the fact that he lives in a high altitude area[Colorado].It's close,but with the aforementioned atributes,and the detonation resistant nature of a w engine,and electronic fuel injection and timing ,he's likely ok there.
You hit the nail on the head for my intended setup. If I were doing a full on race motor with more boost, I'd go with a different compression ratio.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
When I put my motor together Comp only had 4/7 swap blanks-part of why I went to Bullet and also I liked the old Ultradyne lobes they have.

Supposed to help more with a single plane intake but even the experts say it is combination specific if it helps or not.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks everyone for the thoughts/input, looks like I'll be ordering this cam!

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So my cam finally cam in :jive and here's a pic of the cam card:
10407160_10202268968865738_1986393166551318618_n.jpg

One question I have is, will the single notch in my 348 allow this lift or will I need more clearance? My builder is going to check the clearance but it will be a week or two before he is able to get to it and I'm impatient to know :bore3
Thanks!

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Also, what is the normal firing order? I think this was ordered with the 7/4 swap but I don't have a reference handy.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
You WILL need to open the clearance on the exhaust side,Edelbrock says that.550 is maximum on a 348.I doubt that Bobs heads would be much different in that regard.