Got gas?

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
W Head:
I will be heading up 281 thru Hico to pick up some parts at Summit Racing on Monday. What's your weather look like for Monday?
John
Sunny and up to around 66 deg. Stop by if you have time 254 3865197.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks. I would like to stop by, but I think we will be pressing our travel limits.

A friend and I are headed to Mesquite to pick up a Porsche 911 engine/transaxle for him that he is going to stuff into a Karmann Ghia. After that, we are stopping by Summit to pick up some parts for my '33 Roadster build and then we are headed back home on the same day. Should make for a 12+ hour day with the loading, etc.

If the offer is still good, I would like to stop by maybe next time I head North and have a little more time.

Thanks again.

John

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Wow we have an economist on staff. I am impressed and recommend a separate thread for those insites. Very good words. I know that there is a whole luxurious community north of Miami that folks have referred to as sort of Russian owned. I can’t think of the name but will try to find it
Robert

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
They just announced gas in London went to 8.00 a gallon:doh:confused Europe and the United States are still buying gas from Russia. Their interest rates went from 6.5% to 21% today.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
They just announced gas in London went to 8.00 a gallon:doh:confused Europe and the United States are still buying gas from Russia. Their interest rates went from 6.5% to 21% today.

We've got to keep the Greenies happy here and buy oil there. Also executive orders from over a year ago about oil have consequences. Look them up.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Dave, I wonder if he’s afraid of the greenies. He sees his country as having a major part of it’s wealth and power right now centred in oil and gas and that money is what gives him power and wealth. It represents 25% of government revenue and has made Europe especially dependent on their oil and gas. Losing that power in the world means Russia may become a real 3 rd world country without oil? As the greenies take over?

If Russia doesn’t move on Ukraine now, it will be too weak to do so as oil fades? No money, no power. Look at his army he has now- looks like a most of that gear is 30 years old and should have been sold in a Ritchie brothers auction Dave?

It could get real messy now if Russia starts flattening Kviv like it did some places in Syria, you could see German, French, and British jets and missiles taking out Russian planes and artillery.

I don’t think Putin wins this one. But I’ve been wrong before. I didn’t think he would move into Ukraine. He usually picks on people who can’t fight back like these Ukrainians.

Putin is lucky that our greenies are on his side. Anything to buy oil somewhere else instead of producing it here. Blind eye to the consequences. The electric dream has them hypnotized. It will happen, just not on their time schedule.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Putin is lucky that our greenies are on his side. Anything to buy oil somewhere else instead of producing it here. Blind eye to the consequences. The electric dream has them hypnotized. It will happen, just not on their time schedule.
What the Greenies don't understand is that the environmental impact is the same whether you pump it in the US or overseas. It would be much better for the US economy if we went back to pumping it here instead of buying it from Russia or the Gulf oil countries.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Listening to oil experts, one said if Russian oil is stopped due to war, that takes 4-6 million barrels a day out, an Iran deal may add 1 million a day, but take a year to ramp up, after a deal is made and if a deal is made. He thinks we see $150 a barrel oil this year.

Another expert said short term we’ll see some price increases over $4 a gallon, but that will kill demand. He thinks oil could go back to $44 due to demand destruction.

Both these experts are older American men with lots of oil experience.

I think since the Covid shutdown kept us all from traveling and burning gas or jet fuel, the next year is wide open for travel for many people tired of being cooped up. For the old car crowd, drag racing and car shows, flea markets, etc, they are going to be very welcome. For the non old car crowd, I’m thinking they will be traveling big time too. Instead of buying boats, renovating homes, buying old cars, you name it.

Question- if gas goes over $4 a gallon, will that keep you from traveling this year?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
What the Greenies don't understand is that the environmental impact is the same whether you pump it in the US or overseas. It would be much better for the US economy if we went back to pumping it here instead of buying it from Russia or the Gulf oil countries.

Imagine what Russian, Nigerian, Saudi, etc have for environmental regulations on their oil companies? Nothing like around here.
Out of sight, out of mind. That's they way the greenies roll.....

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It won't keep me from traveling at all. I like to look at it like the weather. Sometimes its nice (low price) sometimes its not (higher prices) but either way stuff needs done. There are millions of people that get nothing done anywhere outside because the weather changes. Some of us just put the appropriate clothing on and keep going. Complaining about gas prices is no different then complaining about the weather. Unless you control it then you are simply complaining. It is important to remind our elected officials to pressure oil companies to step up production. The current administration should have told the U.S. oil companies to step up production 3 months ago. Those companies are now saying they will bump up production now but they need the general public to freak out for awhile so they make knee jerk reactions to gas prices. The oil companies are playing most of the public like a fiddle. Make billions in pure profits every year and the public continues to cry at elected officials like they are the ones holding back production.
Before anyone cries about that last fact. Keep in mind the oil companies openly admit they specifically slowed production to keep the cost of oil up. It would be very very easy to hold oil companies responsible by the general public but the public would rather choose a party and their ideals (either way) and pretend like those officials slowed the production down to keep prices high. Don't like it? Then you don't like how free markets work. All hail the free market! :winner Just wait for the price of grain to go up! If you follow the Ukraine war closely you will find grain is going to prove as important if not more important than oil. :D