Great find today

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
House sold a few doors down and they had a yard sale Saturday! Was riding my bike a little bit ago and noticed a pile of stuff that didn’t sale by the curb! Found a 62 year old yardstick from a local Chevy dealer! Only car mentioned on it was the Corvair in one of the bowties! And I didn’t know that Jackson Chevy was the oldest dealer in Dallas county! Jackson became Newman Chevy and then became Jupiter Chevy which is still in business! Didn’t even have to dive into a dumpster! Young neighbor across the street asked what that was for! :roll7586F84A-A36E-48ED-979F-CDE13135DE0D.jpeg12C05219-E758-46B2-9503-8FE683CDAB27.jpeg

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I went to Catholic school. I seemed to be the "let's make an example, out of him, student".:doh I think, I was in the 8th grade.:dunno2 Every weekend, they showed movie's, in the gym. Same old movies, Knute Rockne, All American, or The Jackie Robinson Story. :bore3We must have seen them 20 times. Boring.:thumbdown The night before, which was Friday, we had a little trouble, with a fellow student (A-hole) He was always snitching on everybody, no matter what they did. Na-na-na, so and so was kissing his girlfriend, or So and so was smoking. This particular night we pissed him off, because we were making too much noise behind him, and he couldn't concentrate on the movie. :laugh2 We started throwing folded up paper cups at him, and he called us some names. Big deal, right? I told my buddies, don't worry, we'll get him tomorrow night.:dunno My friends, didn't know what I meant, but I had a plan.:cool: Saturday night roll's around, and we start agitating him again. He's threatening us and cursing at us. I told Vinnie and Pete,"are you ready" I figured I could get away with this, because The Three Stooges movie was playing.:dunno You know how loud, those movies are. :rolleyesI got out of my seat, and I crawled, on the floor, to the back of Sammy's seat. It was about ten feet away. I layed on the floor for maybe 15 seconds, deciding, if I should follow up, on my plan. Finally, I couldn't resist any longer. I pulled a two inch sewing needle out of my pocket, and stuck him in the Ass. All of a sudden, he let's out a horrific scream.:eek3 You would have thought, he was dying. I'm doing my best, to get back to my seat, crawling on the wooden gym floor. I almost made it.:hide Somebody turned the lights back on, before I got in my seat. Ut Oh, now I'm screwed. To my amazement, nothing happened. He got up, holding his ass, and left.:laugh Monday, rolls around, and we are in class. There's a knock on the door. It's the Principal. She calls Sister A, out to the hallway. They talked for a few minutes, and I'm invited to join them.:yikesI had to listen, to a speech about my conduct, and giving someone blood poison etc. Hey, I was wrong, to do that. I don't know, what got into me.:dunno2The whole time, Sister A, was degrading me, she was sticking a pointed pencil, into the side of my head. Needless to say, I had to go home, and get my parents. Maybe, they would let me back in school. My parents were Not happy. I thought I seen a little smirk, on Dad's face, but, I'm not sure. That little stunt, followed me to High School. I had some trouble with a couple Nun's, for no reason. They tried, to make my girl, break up with me. Sorry, this story was so long.:doh

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My sister and I were discussing what year we moved to Springhill PEI school.

She had this to say about our first year there:
“”We had Mrs. Rayner for the teacher and I think that’s where Doug’s (my late brother had dyslexia) problems started. She would put a broomstick under anyone’s knees when they had to go in the corner. She put tacks in her strap too. Dad never believed us, as he thought she was a lovely church going lady.””

It was a 1 room school, grades 1-8, 1 teacher for all and about 30 kids,I was the only kid in grade 3, so after Christmas the teacher bumped me to grade 4, joining the 2 kids there.

No running water, 2 indoor pit toilets, drinking water was a long handled pump outside.

A man teacher got mad at a guy in grade 6, threw him over a row of seats. Same kid blew up the barrel wood stove while burning, can’t remember what happened for punishment then. The older guys smoked, roll your own, one fellow who was always bumming got a special cigarette, tobacco in the end, dry horse shiit in the middle. It tasted like shiit.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Seemed to me that if the staff of some of those fine educational institutions ever got over their personal dysfunctions, they would know how to do their job and everybody would benefit. Some of those so called pros had worse problems than any of the kids that were subjected to them.
You know where kids learned to be rude little belligerent dysfunctional persons? From some of these adults that were in charge of them!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Seemed to me that if the staff of some of those fine educational institutions ever got over their personal dysfunctions, they would know how to do their job and everybody would benefit. Some of those so called pros had worse problems than any of the kids that were subjected to them.
You know where kids learned to be rude little belligerent dysfunctional persons? From some of these adults that were in charge of them!
I agree with you much ………at the same time you have to add the world we live in currently, with the whole cancel culture, the alphabet soup people and all the crap and judging on the Internet………. they feel entitled to say whatever they want……. Not gonna get better anytime soon…….!!!!!……. Oh did I forget to mention the lunatics on the left………!!!!