Greenbrier Concours

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Sunday is the Greenbrier show at White Sulfur Springs WV if anyone is in the area stop by as spectator attendance is very reasonable (free). The 61 real SS was invited/accepted as well as two of Tommy Nolen's cars. I haven't had to compete against his cars head to head in many years as we are now in different classes The master he is one of the best! The one time I outpointed him was down south and he lost 4 points for forgetting to put the correct valve stem caps back on after he checked the tire air pressures and I lost 3 points for polish residue in the air passage at the edge of the cowel vent. I lost to one of his good friends at a Regional event several years ago as I had tied him for best points and they couldn't have a tie! After a couple of re judging it was discovered I had a couple of scuff marks on the passenger door sill plate that I forgot to polish that morning.
I am not familiar with the class grouping nor judging at this event and suspect the muscle cars will be in a group by themselves. Thus probably heads up competition!
Stop by if anyone is around
Robert

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sunday is the Greenbrier show at White Sulfur Springs WV if anyone is in the area stop by as spectator attendance is very reasonable (free). The 61 real SS was invited/accepted as well as two of Tommy Nolen's cars. I haven't had to compete against his cars head to head in many years as we are now in different classes The master he is one of the best! The one time I outpointed him was down south and he lost 4 points for forgetting to put the correct valve stem caps back on after he checked the tire air pressures and I lost 3 points for polish residue in the air passage at the edge of the cowel vent. I lost to one of his good friends at a Regional event several years ago as I had tied him for best points and they couldn't have a tie! After a couple of re judging it was discovered I had a couple of scuff marks on the passenger door sill plate that I forgot to polish that morning.
I am not familiar with the class grouping nor judging at this event and suspect the muscle cars will be in a group by themselves. Thus probably heads up competition!
Stop by if anyone is around
Robert
Good luck,sounds like a good one to visit wish I could go. I just looked at the map and I dont think that I can get there from here anyway!