Hanger Bearing / teloscopic driveshaft / posi

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So I had the new billit hanger bearing installed a few years back. No complaints. I was told that this unit does not provide any "give" AND that an aftermarket telescopic driveshaft would rectify potential problems.

Anyone running the telescopic driveshaft? Any comments?

Ron

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
If you run a two piece drive shaft without the center bearing with provisions for drive shaft movement I wouldn't think the rear end would last very long, somethings gotta give! Inland Empire drive line make a fine telescopic drive shaft, I have ran one with a semi solid carrier bearing for years.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
It moves....

The bearing in the billet housing moves within the poly surround. You can't feel it when it is new, but after a few mile it becomes apparent. Two piece sliding rear shaft does smooth everything out.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ray..did you have to measure out the specs for your car and provide that information to them or did they have a standard unit that is made for our cars? I found their web site and will call for price. Thanks!
http://www.iedls.com/

P.S. Saw one of the Thompson clips of the 60 Chevy idling with the megaphones on. Very nice. What type of headers?

Mike..Glad to hear that it does have some movement. When we had the billet unit installed...there was some concern that no "give" would be a problem.

Catching up on some older threads...BTW...great video clip of the 62' going through the gears!

Ron

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ron, no measurment required, distance from the center bearing to the rear yoke does not change much even if you have a Ford 9" installed like me. Headers are Dougs Tri Ys.