Happy Looser

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just got back from the nostalgia drag races at St. Thomas Dragway here in Ontario Canada. It was a really good event with more than 300 cars entered in the racing.:cheers On Saturday I entered into the Nostalgia Super Stock class with with a 12.50 dial in and lost in the second round with a 12.56 and a .520 light.:cry (.500 is a perfect light) On Sunday There was only time for two time trials and I ran high twelves so I dialed in at 12.85 I knew I wouldn't be consistant enough to have any real chance with over 40 cars in my bracket so I was just going for broke when the light turned green. I was lined up beside a Mopar with a 440 and by the time I hit third gear I could tell I was going to run well under my dial in. I should have coasted but I kept going and broke out by almost a half of a second.:eek: But I was the happiest looser there because I got my best time ever...12.417 @ 111.71:deal So all things considered it was a great weekend!:cheers
Here's a photo of my racy looking cold air intake. The base is made out of an aluminum roasting pan.:D and I also put cutouts on my exhaust.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 179

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jims

Apparently the transmission and cold air intake are working for you, hope to see the car in the 11s next summer. You guys do some great fabricating, I could drop my car off for the winter if you need a project.

Bill

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
As soon as my wife leaves to run errands, I will be digging around in the cabinets until I can find her roasting pan. Gotta have a cold air intake like Jims.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That is just COOL! And I thought I used unconventional parts but a ROASTER PAN!

Off to wally world!!