Has anyone ever seen this stamp before

ruby4lak

P1100838_zps92677ca6.jpg
While I was replacing the carpet in my 64 BelAir I ford a few stamps on being the build date of april 7 1964 another being 409 stamped on the heater box under the dash. I have had a few of these cars over the years and never seen this stamp. Anyone else seen one of these?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
P1100838_zps92677ca6.jpg
While I was replacing the carpet in my 64 BelAir I ford a few stamps on being the build date of april 7 1964 another being 409 stamped on the heater box under the dash. I have had a few of these cars over the years and never seen this
IMAG0307_zpsb518fd42.jpg
stamp. Anyone else seen one of these?

23plumpt

Supporting Member 1
I'm restoring an original 64 impala SS 409 car right now, and when we were taking is apart my heater box had the same 409 stenciled on it. I have asked several people and no one seems to have an answer. I also would like to know if it has any correlation to it being a 409 car. I don't know how to post photo's on here. but if you send me you email I can forward my photo's of the heater box to you. also since I can't post photo's, go to the chevytalk website and post you photo's and question on there Verne Franz is a very knowledgeable guy he may be able to tell us something. He is also a New Jersey guy.

Bob

bobs409

Administrator
I'll have to check my 63 to see if it has anything there. It's on the lift right now though.

My car was originally a 6 cylinder so maybe it will have a big "6" there. :D