Haven't been here in a while, thirsty for an old school '58

Z11RINGER

I haven't been on here in a while. i registered a few months back, talked to you guys for a while and you seemed great. Im into mid 60s to early 70s American Muscle, and of course I like the older and bigger musclecars (I still call the big ones musclecars too) and the hot rods. But lately, i've had a hankering for a '58 Impala. Now I dont even have my liscense yet (a few more months because you cant get your permit until 16 in CT), and I have a '94 Firebird to get me around while I get something I really want and fix it up. I've kind of gotten into the roots of hot rodding as of lately and like the styles more. I'll be around here more now to keep you guys company (lol) and learn about the 348s and 409s as, ouit of all the hot rodded V8s in our history, the 348-409 is sadly probably the one I know the least about. Im a Chevy man and I know FE Fords and Mopar engines like the back of my hand (maybe not quite, but I know enough to carry conversation with and unsuspecting Ford or Mopar nut and have them thinking im a Ford or Mopar man myself). Im here to learn. I know the history of the 409s as far the the hp and most specs go. Just not much about building them for some real power. My question is where can I find aftermarket parts like intakes, cams, etc for them?:dunno

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Your limited on intakes.M/T made a crossram and Offenhauser has a dual quad unit..I've been trying to find a crossram for a long time...lots of cam choices.

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hope you find a 58 impala to put a 348 409 in ,good idea, nice to have some young blood starting in classic chevy market.Ebay is prob bestbet on finding a 58
Impala.old car trader has a few affordable 58s goodluck:clap

Z11RINGER

Your limited on intakes.M/T made a crossram and Offenhauser has a dual quad unit..I've been trying to find a crossram for a long time...lots of cam choices.

Well ill be looking for a cross ram myself, I love cross rams not only for the performance but nothing looks cooler than a cross ram either.